How Do You Compute E(f(x)) for Uniformly Distributed Variables?

• Thread starter tuanle007
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stuck
In summary, when you are stuck on a question, it's important to take a break, break down the question into smaller parts, and reach out for help if needed. You can determine if you are truly stuck or just need more time by trusting your instincts and actively trying different approaches. Whether or not to skip the question and come back to it later depends on the situation and available time. Resources such as classmates, teachers, online forums, and tutors can all be helpful when seeking assistance with a question. To prevent getting stuck in the future, make sure to fully understand the concept and practice problems, and don't hesitate to ask for help and utilize additional resources.
tuanle007
Untitled.jpg

can someone please help me with this question. i don't know how to do this.

Physics news on Phys.org
To get E(f(x)) where x is uniformly distributed between 0 and A, you simply compute:
1/A integral from 0 to A of f(x). In your case A=pi and x=theta. This will give you the answers you need for (a).
The answer to (b) depends on the answer to the middle expectation. It will be a function of k and m. It is wide sense stationary if it is a function only of k-m, and not of them individuallly.

1. What should I do if I'm stuck on a question?

If you are stuck on a question, the first thing you should do is take a break. Sometimes stepping away and coming back to the question with a fresh perspective can help. If that doesn't work, try breaking the question down into smaller parts and tackling each part separately. You can also try reaching out to a classmate or teacher for help.

2. How do I know if I'm truly stuck or just need more time to think?

If you find yourself spending a lot of time on a question and still not making any progress, it's likely that you are truly stuck. However, if you are actively trying different approaches and making some progress, it may just be a matter of needing more time to think. Trust your instincts and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

3. Should I skip the question and come back to it later?

It depends on the situation. If you are pressed for time, it may be better to move on to other questions and come back to the one you are stuck on later. However, if you have enough time, it may be beneficial to keep working on the question and try different approaches. Only skip the question if you feel like you are not making any progress after spending a significant amount of time on it.

4. What resources can I use to get help with a question?

There are many resources available to help with questions you are stuck on. You can ask a classmate or teacher for assistance, use online forums or discussion boards to post your question and get help from others, or seek out a tutor or study group. You can also try searching for similar problems or examples online to get a better understanding of the concept.

5. How can I prevent getting stuck on a question in the future?

One way to prevent getting stuck on a question is to make sure you fully understand the concept or topic before attempting the question. Practice problems and examples can also help solidify your understanding and prepare you for more difficult questions. Additionally, don't be afraid to ask for help and seek out additional resources when needed.