Random Thoughts Part 5: Time to Split Again

In summary, the conversation revolved around various topics such as dreams, different numbering systems, and education in different countries. The participants shared personal experiences, opinions, and debated about the merits of different theories. The conversation also included a discussion about a book and a recipe.
WWGD said:
I am now starting my sentences with " My life coach told me..." just to see how people react. Hopefully the reaction will be better than the one I got from " My psychiatrist ...". Wonder the reaction I would get from " My project manager told me ..."
Try: "Today my Lord and Master, Satan told me..."

Likes WWGD
Physics news on Phys.org
WWGD said:
I am now starting my sentences with " My life coach told me..." just to see how people react. Hopefully the reaction will be better than the one I got from " My psychiatrist ...". Wonder the reaction I would get from " My project manager told me ..."
Promise me to change it to "God told me ..." as soon as you leave city limits in order to avoid serious damages to your health.

Likes Sophia
fresh_42 said:
And then there is the most significant part of all: far too much hair!
My statistical mechanics lecturer realized we all needed a short break half way through an hour of statistical mechanics. He always gave us five minutes of biographical stuff about a famous thermodynamicist or statistical mechanic. We rapidly christened the segment "silly beards through the ages", as there was some truly epic facial hair on some of those guys.

We wondered if it was something to do with insulation.

fresh_42 said:
It's been expensive, senseless and instead of offering different tastes of coffee varying with their origins and roasting procedures, they serve different kinds of chemicals added to it.
I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks myself. We mostly stopped there because we'd realized that the random railway tracks across the middle of the square were probably tracks for a camera, and they were shooting some Tom Cruise flick at the time (Valkyrie maybe?). We didn't see him.

Likes fresh_42
Ibix said:
We wondered if it was something to do with insulation.
My guess is it has something to do with the historic timestamp. In former times a suntan meant you have to make your money with hard work outside. Consequently being pale was necessary to belong to upper classes. Nowadays a suntan means you can afford expensive holidays and therefore being pale puts you in lower classes. I think it's similar with beards: if you had a big one you couldn't be young, served as a soldier or worked in minor jobs. Via the equation age ≅ respect it symbolized integrity and a stand as scholar.

Although all of these arguments are somehow stupid we still obey them to some more or less small extend.

That's why we have hipsters nowadays . Fashion styles return cyclically.

fresh_42 said:
My guess is it has something to do with the historic timestamp. In former times a suntan meant you have to make your money with hard work outside. Consequently being pale was necessary to belong to upper classes. Nowadays a suntan means you can afford expensive holidays and therefore being pale puts you in lower classes. I think it's similar with beards: if you had a big one you couldn't be young, served as a soldier or worked in minor jobs. Via the equation age ≅ respect it symbolized integrity and a stand as scholar.

Although all of these arguments are somehow stupid we still obey them to some more or less small extend.
Now that I have job, I can afford to go on interviews wearing a fake beard that I alternatively put on and take off every time the interviewer turns away from me.

WWGD said:
Now that I have job, I can afford to go on interviews wearing a fake beard that I alternatively put on and take off every time the interviewer turns away from me.
Teller of Penn & Teller did a bit once. He went into some place that asks for I.D. (maybe a car rental place). He hands over a fake I.D. that shows him wearing a red clown nose. While the person is looking at it, he quickly slips a red nose onto his real face.

Likes collinsmark
zoobyshoe said:
Teller of Penn & Teller did a bit once. He went into some place that asks for I.D. (maybe a car rental place). He hands over a fake I.D. that shows him wearing a red clown nose. While the person is looking at it, he quickly slips a red nose onto his real face.
That's it! Every time I try a joke, I find out it has already been done. Too many people doing too many jokes, we will soon run out and just start repeating them. Maybe the Germans will catalog them and then one can just spit out a number instead of the actual joke. They are methodical people.

WWGD said:
then one can just spit out a number instead of the actual joke.
That's an old one. Turns out there's this one guy who shouts "26! 37! 18!" just as much as everyone else, but no-one laughs. Some people just can't tell a joke.

Ibix said:
That's an old one. Turns out there's this one guy who shouts "26! 37! 18!" just as much as everyone else, but no-one laughs. Some people just can't tell a joke.
Didn't I tell you?we are running out of jokes.

WWGD said:
Didn't I tell you?we are running out of jokes.
You did. I was citing your own post as evidence for that.

Ibix said:
You did. I was citing your own post as evidence for that.
I just believe in recycling...

Soup:

I had to buy Beef with Country Vegetables, because they seem to be out of Beef with City Vegetables.

WWGD said:
Maybe the Germans will catalog them and then one can just spit out a number instead of the actual joke.

Well, the British already have done some research:

By the way, they have found a joke on a stone tablet which is considered as the oldest joke of mankind. Either from the ancient Egyptians or Babylonians, can't remember. The joke is about farts.

When you fight one person and all your movements are highly disciplined as in martial arts, but then you have to fight 5 at the same time and you go Gorilla Mode all over the place and there's no discipline whatsoever in your movements.
640px-Battle_of_Lutzen.jpg

All your fine and disciplined punches convert into a savage melee (disorganized close combat).

I've been looking into history and there appears to be conflict almost every year of history at one place or another of the world... Humans.

Likes Sophia
On TV these people shot a wild turkey and it is really big.

I hadda get a new phone and now I'm trying to memorize my new phone number. I think it would be better if people were assigned a lifetime phone number at birth.

zoobyshoe said:
I had to buy Beef with Country Vegetables, because they seem to be out of Beef with City Vegetables.
City Vegetables are with Cadmium, Lead and Mercury, Country Vegetables are without.

zoobyshoe said:
I hadda get a new phone and now I'm trying to memorize my new phone number. I think it would be better if people were assigned a lifetime phone number at birth.
I never memorize anyone's number. If I lose my contacts, which happens from time to time when I tinker with my phone and have no backup, then it's all over.

fresh_42 said:
City Vegetables are with Cadmium, Lead and Mercury, Country Vegetables are without.
Yeah, and city vegetables go best with city beef.

Psinter said:
I never memorize anyone's number. If I lose my contacts, which happens from time to time when I tinker with my phone and have no backup, then it's all over.
My problem is I forget my own number. I've done it many times.

Likes Sophia and Psinter
zoobyshoe said:
Yeah, and city vegetables go best with city beef.
Aka road kill , I guess.

WWGD said:
Aka road kill , I guess.
I was thinking dumpster rats.

zoobyshoe said:
I was thinking dumpster rats.
Rats!

fresh_42 said:

Seems like Chipotle's may have liked the idea.

So it looks weird, even if legitimate Left(VendorContactName,1)+ . And imagine what you can do with user-defined functions.

A friend of mine in London UK recommends the "Goldfish burger"

1oldman2 said:
Seems like you would need a lot of goldfish for that.

1oldman2 said:
I like the Rectanglefish burger.

Likes 1oldman2
fresh_42 said:
Sponge Bob, Square Pants Burger? Catchy!

fresh_42 said:
It's all in the sauce no matter how you slice/form the fish :wink:

1oldman2 said:
It's all in the sauce no matter how you slice/form the fish :wink:
But no sauce helps quite enough with a Ratburger.

WWGD said:
But no sauce helps quite enough with a Ratburger.
For Ratburger my mom always swore by the tried and true "roadkill tenderizing system" you have to keep an eye on the process or you loose all the liquids though. :wink:

Likes Sophia and WWGD