Random Thoughts Part 5: Time to Split Again

In summary, the conversation revolved around various topics such as dreams, different numbering systems, and education in different countries. The participants shared personal experiences, opinions, and debated about the merits of different theories. The conversation also included a discussion about a book and a recipe.
  • #1,681
zoobyshoe said:
I don't drink either, but if I did, I wouldn't touch any wine I made myself with a ten foot pole.
If you are using a ten foot pole to pick up the glass, I can see why you don't drink.

Some of the best beer (apparently - I've never tried it) is made by monks who don't drink. Maybe there's a correlation and you'd make great lemon wine? Like the old saw about all the best marriage counsellors being divorced?

Don't forget to use the lemons somehow, anyway.

Likes Psinter
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,682
Silicon Waffle said:
They look soooooooooo cute :biggrin:.
I hope you are feeling better. :oldshy: If not, you can talk to me. Perhaps I have nothing of support, but I'll listen. If I'm not gone I'll listen.
Ibix said:
If you are using a ten foot pole to pick up the glass, I can see why you don't drink.
:DD
Ibix said:
Some of the best beer (apparently - I've never tried it) is made by monks who don't drink. Maybe there's a correlation and you'd make great lemon wine? Like the old saw about all the best marriage counsellors being divorced?
I rarely use my own programs. Unless the program is a program to make other programs :olduhh:. Like generating code that has structural patterns, but the content of the structure changes and spans over a hundred lines of code. You know, why manually write 900 lines of code when I know the structure and I can write a program to generate the 900 lines for me readily optimized?

• #1,683
Psinter said:
You see? I don't like you anymore. Unfriended.

I'm just kidding. :-p
Next time say: "That makes two of us."

• #1,684
zoobyshoe said:
Next time say: "That makes two of us."
Good, I'm taking notes. :smile:

:partytime:

EDIT: I feel sleepy. :sleep:

• #1,685
Ibix said:

Don't forget to use the lemons somehow, anyway.
The lemons are special. They are home grown in someone's back yard here. They taste so much better than the bland ones you get from industrial lemon orchards. Therefore, I must not waste them. If nothing else, I'll squeeze them and put the juice in tea.

• #1,686
zoobyshoe said:
The lemons are special. They are home grown in someone's back yard here. They taste so much better than the bland ones you get from industrial lemon orchards. Therefore, I must not waste them. If nothing else, I'll squeeze them and put the juice in tea.

I don't know if you consider it a waste but you can us it for cooking.
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/...rill-with-lemon-couscous/#Ijbxw4ckOMWCvqfX.97

I made it with a nice herb-crusted (parsley and dill) pollack fillet.

• #1,688
Last edited:
  • #1,689
Screen shot 2016-03-03 at 10.59.15 PM.png

Likes Psinter, Sophia, Ibix and 1 other person
  • #1,691
I just tried to kill a red-orange spider in the ceiling and it didn't die. It slowly went down through its web and tried to escape when it reached the ground. Then I smashed it FULL POWER while yelling out loud haaaaaaaaa, but it was horrible.

What do you call in English that feeling when the hair from your body spikes? All my body hair went up. Spiked. I can still feel it. I don't like spiders.

This pretty much describes my faces while I was struggling with the spider:

Before the fight: (when I noticed there was a spider above me)
GIF-afraid-fear-scared-scary-scream-GIF.gif
During the fight: (struggle)
vlcsnap-00002.png
After the fight: (...)
0_dadda_340d775d_XXXL.gif

• #1,692
Psinter you are talking about Goose Bumps, when all the hair on ones arms stands up, i had the experience once when some one told me there was a ghost behind me, there was not of course:woot::nb)

Likes Psinter
  • #1,693
upload_2016-3-4_11-23-17.jpeg

• #1,694
wolram said:
Psinter you are talking about Goose Bumps, when all the hair on ones arms stands up, i had the experience once when some one told me there was a ghost behind me, there was not of course:woot::nb)
Thank you! That's it, that's what happened to my body hair. You are 100% spot on! :woot: I googled it and found it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goose_bumps

:nb)

• #1,695
wolram said:
Last week I went to a supermarket and met a woman whose legs were full of hair like that. Horrible! She seems to have never learned what feminine beauty is.

• #1,696
Silicon Waffle said:
Last week I went to a supermarket and met a woman whose legs were full of hair like that. Horrible! She seems to have never learned what feminine beauty is.
For what it's worth, when I evaluate beauty, leg hair has little to no influence. (I expect some backlash for this statement, but at this point in my life, I'm sticking to my statement.) I don't think feminine beauty [at least in my opinion] is restricted to narrowly defined parameters. I find feminine beauty in all sorts of women. Hairy or otherwise.

Likes Sophia
  • #1,697
collinsmark said:
For what it's worth, when I evaluate beauty, leg hair has little to no influence. (I expect some backlash for this statement, but at this point in my life, I'm sticking to my statement.) I don't think feminine beauty [at least in my opinion] is restricted to narrowly defined parameters. I find feminine beauty in all sorts of women. Hairy or otherwise.
:woot:Females should be bumpy and hairless:biggrin:
Don't look.

http://www.bajiroo.com/2013/04/24-pictures-of-most-weird-hairy-people-from-around-the-world/most_weird_hairy_people_pics_images_photos_pictures_14/

• #1,698
collinsmark said:
(I expect some backlash for this statement, but at this point in my life, I'm sticking to my statement.)
You asked, I googled and delivered. :biggrin:

sexy-woman-with-hairy-legs-and-hosiery.jpg

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

EDIT: Some more humor: (From the movie: The Dictator)

Last edited:
Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #1,699
wolram said:
:woot:Females should be bumpy and hairless:biggrin:
Don't look.

http://www.bajiroo.com/2013/04/24-pictures-of-most-weird-hairy-people-from-around-the-world/most_weird_hairy_people_pics_images_photos_pictures_14/
I don't mind looking. :smile:

Psinter said:
You asked, I googled and delivered. :biggrin:

sexy-woman-with-hairy-legs-and-hosiery.jpg

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Nothing wrong there.
EDIT: Some more humor: (From the movie: The Dictator)

That thing with the finger lock -- now that is some serious feminine beauty! :woot:

Likes Psinter
  • #1,700
By the way, don't get the wrong idea about my previous posts. If you are a woman and wish to shave your armpits and/or legs -- then by all means do so. I am in no way preaching that you should not. Shaving body parts does not detract from feminine beauty, even in my opinion, if you wish to do it.

But if you wish not to shave, then that's great too in terms of feminine beauty, in my view.

Both are fine choices. Whatever floats your boat. :woot:

(I'm not going equate feminine beauty with hairlessness, but perhaps that's just me.)

• #1,701
collinsmark said:
By the way, don't get the wrong idea about my previous posts. If you are a woman and wish to shave your armpits and/or legs -- then by all means do so. I am in no way preaching that you should not. Shaving body parts does not detract from feminine beauty, even in my opinion, if you wish to do it.

But if you wish not to shave, then that's great too in terms of feminine beauty, in my view.

Both are fine choices. Whatever floats your boat. :woot:

(I'm not going equate feminine beauty with hairlessness, but perhaps that's just me.)

The penny has finally dropped, you really want a hairy woman because you are a YETI:woot:

• #1,702
wolram said:
The penny has finally dropped...I:woot:
And it has a hole in it.

Likes wolram
  • #1,703
wolram said:
The penny has finally dropped, you really want a hairy woman because you are a YETI:woot:
Hee hee. :woot:. I'm not saying that I want a hairy woman (or lack thereof, for that matter). Rather I'm saying that hairy or not hairy is not a big deal to me. Either way. The things I find attractive in a woman far outweigh hair or lack of it.

Last edited:
  • #1,704
collinsmark said:
Yes, maybe, but it totally depends on what we have been taught with socially to shape our mind and give birth to our concepts of what things are supposed to be beautiful. Why do none of us say someone with a face full of scars is beautiful ?
I am hooked by masculine beauty, hairy old strong men work best in my eyes anyway.

• #1,705
Maybe someone already posted this, but what gives, some funny Sarah's Scribbles:

afdc1cd74742bcfc04518bf08cd8737d.jpg

Likes collinsmark and Sophia
  • #1,706
Silicon Waffle said:
I am hooked by masculine beauty, hairy old strong men work best in my eyes anyway.
Me too!... Wait... I mean... Not me... I like females... Very shaved females...

Uff, that was close, I almost get discovered on the whole internet.

• #1,707
I can pull a lorry with my pubic hair.:biggrin:

Likes collinsmark
  • #1,708
Psinter said:
Maybe someone already posted this, but what gives, some funny Sarah's Scribbles:

afdc1cd74742bcfc04518bf08cd8737d.jpg

Can it be that her testosterone level is higher than that of other women ?

• #1,709
Silicon Waffle said:
Can it be that her testosterone level is higher than that of other women ?
NEkgYws.png
It's a comic. Anyway...
__________________________________________________________________________________-

This is how I think conversations go down between my mom and dad when I stay with them at weekends:

Mom: Psinter is sleeping, how about we stomp around and clash cutlery in the kitchen.
Dad: Great idea! I have a hammer and an industrial driller. I'll position myself outside Psinter's room and hammer and drill as loudly as I can.
Mom: Awesome! And while you make those loud noises I will turn on the TV and turn the volume as loud as possible.
Dad: Yeah, and then we can talk to each other very loudly.
Mom: Then I will use our ridiculously loud blender to make me us some smoothies.
Dad: And I will turn on the loud air compressor to fill the tank with air and use the even louder air driller.
Mom: And when Psinter storms out of the room all grumpy, we say with a smile in our faces: "Good morning sleeping beauty! You've been sleeping all day!" Even thought its still 7:30 AM.
*they high five and put their plan into motion*

Likes Ibix, wolram and Sophia
  • #1,710
It's revenge for when you were a baby and kept them up all night. :wink:

Likes collinsmark, Psinter and Sophia
  • #1,711
Ibix said:
It's revenge for when you were a baby and kept them up all night. :wink:
Probably. :woot:

aa5536e7e55adf2abf0e42ea913bc479.jpg

While Psinter sleeps, outside the house:
The-Pacific---2010-001.jpg

I feel like watching a war movie now.

• #1,712
Psinter said:
Probably. :woot:

aa5536e7e55adf2abf0e42ea913bc479.jpg

While Psinter sleeps, outside the house:
The-Pacific---2010-001.jpg

I feel like watching a war movie now.
That reminds me of opening scene of Louie, Season 4, episode 1:

I love the show Louie. It's perhaps one of the most pertinent shows on the air. (I can't think of a more fitting adjective besides "pertinent" to describe it.)

Likes Psinter
  • #1,713
collinsmark said:

I love the show Louie. It's perhaps one of the most pertinent shows on the air. (I can't think of a more fitting adjective besides "pertinent" to describe it.)

:DD I can feel the struggle. :DD

• #1,714
collinsmark said:

I have so often heard of people being referred-to as being or acting impertinent, I could never make up what this meant. Impertinent how?

• #1,715
WWGD said:
I have so often heard of people being referred-to as being or acting impertinent, I could never make up what this meant. Impertinent how?
I meant that Louie is pertinent (not impertinent).

It's difficult for me to describe what it is that I love so much about the show, except to say that from my perspective the show hits home -- it touches on the things that matter at this time and this place in life. It is "pertinent" to this day and age.

I know that might sound vague, but I am at a loss to come up with anything better.