Rav4 power window motor -- 2pin plug to 5pin plug

In summary, a Rav4 power window motor is a small electric motor that controls the movement of the power windows in a Toyota Rav4. It can have either a 2pin or 5pin plug, with the main difference being the number of electrical connections. It is not recommended to replace a Rav4 power window motor with a different type, and signs that it may need to be replaced include malfunctioning or stuck windows. While it is best to have a professional handle the replacement, it may be possible to do it yourself with proper precautions and instructions.
Mandym
TL;DR Summary
I have a 98 toyota rav 4 anniversary edition.
Can't get a power window motor with a 5 pin conne tor. So I have a new motor with a 2 pin connector. I'm wondering if and how it's possible to get the motor to run. By connecting the 2pins into the 5pin
20210406_184601.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Is this for the driver's door?

Lnewqban said:
Is this for the driver's door?
Yes

• Informative
Likes 2milehi and berkeman

1. What is the purpose of the power window motor in a Rav4?

The power window motor is responsible for controlling the movement of the window glass in a Rav4. It converts electrical energy into mechanical energy to move the window up and down.

2. Why does the power window motor in my Rav4 have a 2pin plug and a 5pin plug?

The 2pin plug is used for the power supply to the motor, while the 5pin plug is used for the control signals. This allows for more precise control of the window movement.

3. Can I replace a 2pin plug power window motor with a 5pin plug power window motor in my Rav4?

It is not recommended to replace a 2pin plug power window motor with a 5pin plug power window motor in a Rav4. The wiring and control system may not be compatible and could cause damage to the motor or other components.

4. How do I know if my Rav4's power window motor needs to be replaced?

If your power window is not moving or is moving slowly, it may be a sign that the motor is failing. You can also check the motor for any physical damage or listen for abnormal noises when the window is being operated.

5. Can I repair a faulty power window motor in my Rav4?

In most cases, it is not possible to repair a faulty power window motor. It is recommended to replace the entire motor if it is not functioning properly.