Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses Ready for Calculus-based Physics?

1. Dec 16, 2017 #1
    I'm considering taking calculus based physics in the spring. The first course (mechanics) has a prerequisite of Calculus 1 and a co-requisite of Calculus 2. The 2nd course (electricity/magnetism) has Calculus 2 as a prerequisite. I just took Calculus 1 this semester and got a high A and I plan to take Calculus 2 in the spring.

Do you think I'm ready for the calculus based version of physics? I took AP Physics B almost a decade ago in high school so the college awarded me credit for algebra based. My college doesn't require algebra based to get into calculus based, just the math. I'm really rusty on physics because it's been so long. I'm really not worried about my calculus background since I just aced my Calc 1. It's my physics background that's giving me hesitation.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 16, 2017 #2
    Assuming it's some Physics I type course (the first "general physics" course for physics majors), it likely won't assume any prior physics knowledge. It sounds like you're right on track.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted