1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rebounding after one bad semester

1. Mar 12, 2015 #1
    Hello,

I have a predicament. One semester during the summer, my mother made a silly mistake that could have costed my thousands of dollars. Luckily, I handled it, but because of this stress, my grades suffered slightly. I got my first B+ and an A- in two math classes which does not seem too bad, but I had all A's prior. Now, if I maintain A's this semester, I can maintain an overall >3.9 GPA in both my astrophysics and math major. How bad would one semester look in the scope of things if I tidy up and excel for the remaining 3 and a half years I plan to remain in school?

Edit: I understand this is just a little bit of nitpicking, but I was curious.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 12, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

I think there's no impact at all. Be aware that courses get much tougher at the junior level prepare yourself for a lot more work and study. Each year of college is like three years of highschool so you see things will escalate quite quickly.

4. Mar 12, 2015 #3
    Nope, not bad at all. In ten years you'll look bad and wonder why you stressed them, if you remember at all. Full speed ahead!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook