Recommend me h-bridge ic for stepper motor

In summary, you are looking for a h-bridge IC that is rated for 4-5A and can be controlled by at least 2 digital PMW inputs. It would be preferable if it also had optional half step and SMD options. The stepper motor you are using has 6 wires and specifications of 3A per phase, 1.0 Ohm per phase, and 1.8 mH per phase. You have tried doing a parametric search on IC manufacturer's websites, but have not found a definitive answer. You are open to building a custom option as well.
elementHTTP
Recommend me h-bridge ic
-output rated for 4~5A
- can be controlled by min 2 digital PMW inputs
- optional* half step
- optional* SMD

23HS8630 stepper motor specs :
6 wires ,
3A / phase ,
1.0 Ohm / phase ,
1.8 mH / phase

Engineering news on Phys.org
Have you tried doing a parametric search on any of the IC manufacturer's websites, digikey, etc?

Last edited:
Why don't you do a parametric search on your favorite IC manufacturer's website like a normal person?

So i did and i didnt get definitive answer so i am asking for help :D ( building custom is another option ) sry if i wasted your time

Haha, I see you are responding to my initial response which I immediately ninja-edited into a more presentably form. You're too quick for me! I should have stayed in bed.

:D
well let's keep it civil :D

Question 1: What is an H-bridge IC?

An H-bridge IC is an integrated circuit that is designed to control the direction and speed of a motor, specifically a stepper motor. It consists of four transistors that are arranged in an "H" shape, hence the name. These transistors work together to allow the motor to rotate in both clockwise and counterclockwise directions.

Question 2: Why do I need an H-bridge IC for my stepper motor?

Stepper motors require a specific sequence of signals to rotate and an H-bridge IC provides this sequence. It also allows for precise control of the motor's speed and direction, making it essential for applications that require accurate and controlled movement.

Question 3: What factors should I consider when choosing an H-bridge IC for my stepper motor?

When choosing an H-bridge IC for your stepper motor, you should consider factors such as the voltage and current requirements of your motor, the number of phases your motor has, and the control signals needed. It is also important to ensure that the H-bridge IC can handle the load and provide enough power for your motor.

Question 4: Can I use any H-bridge IC for my stepper motor?

No, it is important to choose an H-bridge IC that is specifically designed for use with stepper motors. These ICs are designed to handle the unique voltage and current requirements of stepper motors and provide the necessary control signals for smooth and accurate movement.

Question 5: Are there any additional features I should look for in an H-bridge IC for my stepper motor?

Some H-bridge ICs may have additional features such as overcurrent protection, thermal shutdown, and adjustable current limiting. These features can help protect your motor and the IC from damage and make it easier to fine-tune the motor's performance. It is worth considering these features when choosing an H-bridge IC for your stepper motor.