Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Relation between phase spectrum and frequency spectrum

1. Sep 16, 2009 #1
    can any one tell me the relation between phase spectrum and frequency spectrum in signal processing.

thanks a lot in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 17, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

Coursework questions should generally go into the Homework Help sub-forums here at the PF. What can you tell us about your question? Can you give some examples of where the phase spectrum comes into play?

4. Sep 17, 2009 #3
    assume, The frequency noise process f(t)is white
    then S[tex]_{f}[/tex] (f)=N[tex]_{}0[/tex]
    Since the phase is the integral of the frequency, the phase becomes
    [tex]\phi[/tex](t)=2[tex]\pi[/tex][tex]\int^{0}_{t}[/tex][f([tex]\tau[/tex])d([tex]\tau[/tex]u)]

if phase spectrum is S[tex]_{\phi}[/tex](t)

what is the relation now, i mean how i can express the phase spectrun in terms for frequency spectrum.

thanks a lot

5. Sep 17, 2009 #4
    assume, The frequency noise process f(t)is white
    then [tex]S_{f}[/tex] (f)=[tex]N_{0}[/tex]
    Since the phase is the integral of the frequency, the phase becomes
    [tex]\phi[/tex](t)=2*pi*[tex]\int^{0}_{t}[/tex]f([tex]\tau[/tex])d([tex]\tau[/tex])
    if phase spectrum is [tex]S_{\phi}[/tex](t)

what is the relation now, i mean how i can express the phase spectrun in terms for frequency spectrum.

thanks a lot

6. Sep 17, 2009 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Please stop repeating your latest post. Give folks a chance to see the post and respond.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook