1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Relation between Signal to Noise ratio and Logical Interference

1. Oct 9, 2012 #1
    Hi there, I want to modify a equation which is written for Singal to Noise Ratio. Now I want to change for logical interference. But I could not find any reliable source of explanation, " what is the relation between SNR/SINR and interference(Logical/Physical)?"

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 9, 2012 #2

collinsmark

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hello md.kamal1262,

Welcome to Physics Forums!
    It kind of depends on what type of system you're working with.

Here is a place to start.

http://www.telecomhall.com/what-is-ecio-and-ebno.aspx

That gives you an explanation of [itex] E_c/I_0 [/itex]. But after that you want to consider whether the interference from other cells/base stations/NodeB/access points are also being considered as "interference." Then, you'll still need to consider whether the receiver's internal thermal noise is considered too. They all take different forms of "[itex] E_c/I_0 [/itex]" such as [itex] E_c/I_{0r} [/itex], [itex] E_c/\hat I_{0r} [/itex]. Of course, even that notation depends on the standard/technology in question.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook