1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Research for undergraduates during the summer?

  1. Dec 28, 2007 #1
    Research for undergraduates during the summer??

    I am studying physics with medical physics in the UK and for the last 3 months I am looking for summer research internships for undergraduates but all I found are in the US and all of them ask for US citizens or permanent residence.(most of them are part of the REU program)
    Is there anything similar for EU citizens in the EU?
    I am particularly interested in nanotech and physics related to medicine.

    PS. Is it better for a fresher to spent the first summer studying alone or working on a research project?
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 28, 2007 #2


    User Avatar
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

    Being from the states, I don't know about research internships in the EU, but you may want to see if a professor at your own university needs some help with a project. I'm sure there has to be some professor in your department at your university who needs an extra hand with something.
  4. Dec 28, 2007 #3
    I always just emailed the professors of the labs I was interested in.
    Attach a CV and a reference contact (if you have any).
    This works in the hole EU area, too.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook