Resistance governed by the speed of the electron?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
thankz
Messages
265
Reaction score
40
a while ago someone posted a fun question

calculate the resistance from two points on a grid of resistors going into infinity, now I know the immediate nodes determine the simple resistances between two points but the hard part is calculating the in-between resistances but if the grid stretches out to infinity the in-between resistances should be zero converging to infinity, then shouldn't the in-between resistances then depend on the speed of the electron?

tell me if I'm on the right path.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
thankz said:
a while ago someone posted a fun question

calculate the resistance from two points on a grid of resistors going into infinity, now I know the immediate nodes determine the simple resistances between two points but the hard part is calculating the in-between resistances but if the grid stretches out to infinity the in-between resistances should be zero converging to infinity, then shouldn't the in-between resistances then depend on the speed of the electron?

tell me if I'm on the right path.
You might find it informative to Google "drift velocity".