Response of a System: Transfer Function

In summary, the speaker is seeking help with obtaining the transfer function for a model they created and displayed in a graph. They also mention wanting to change the parameters. They ask for assistance from others who are knowledgeable about transforms and using the impulse function to characterize the transfer function of an LTI system. They mention that more information about their background would be helpful in addressing their question.
AndresPB
Some time ago I made a modelling project and obtained a plot. Now, I want to remember what the transfer function was, as I want to try changing the parameters.
The graph is the following:
upload_2018-7-9_19-38-33.png

How can I obtain the transfer function?
Thanks a lot

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-9_19-38-33.png
    upload_2018-7-9_19-38-33.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 1,149
Biology news on Phys.org
AndresPB said:
Some time ago I made a modelling project and obtained a plot. Now, I want to remember what the transfer function was, as I want to try changing the parameters.
The graph is the following:
View attachment 227854
How can I obtain the transfer function?
Thanks a lot
Was it specific to a biological experiment? Is that why you posted in the Biology forum? If not, I can move your thread to the EE or General Physics forum.

Are you familiar with transforms and using the impulse function to characterize the transfer function of an LTI system? If we knew more about your background, that would help us to help you with this question. :smile:

What is a transfer function?

A transfer function is a mathematical representation of the relationship between the input and output of a system. It describes how the system responds to different inputs.

How is a transfer function different from an impulse response?

A transfer function is a function of frequency, while an impulse response is a function of time. The transfer function describes the system's response to all frequencies, while the impulse response describes the system's response to a single impulse.

How do you calculate the transfer function?

The transfer function can be calculated by taking the Laplace transform of the system's input and output signals and then dividing the output transform by the input transform.

What information can be obtained from a transfer function?

The transfer function can provide information about the stability, frequency response, and time response of a system. It can also be used to design controllers and predict the behavior of the system.

What is the significance of the poles and zeros in a transfer function?

The poles and zeros of a transfer function are important in determining the stability and frequency response of a system. The location of the poles and zeros can also help in designing controllers to improve the system's performance.