1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Returning to Physics

1. May 7, 2007 #1
    Hi,

I could use some advice on how to get back into physics. I earned my BS in phyiscs in 2004 and I have been away from it for over 2 years now. I have always had the goal of attending graduate school for physics but I realize I have forgotten a lot in the last two years. I have been studying a bit on my own. I spent some time looking at the PhysicsGRE website and I bought the Purple book (which drove me a bit crazy with the number and frequency of errors in its "solutions"). I still remember how to use many concepts but it's as if I don't have anything memorized anymore. When working problems, I find myself spending lots of time re-deriving stuff that I should have memorized. What's some good things for me to do?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. May 7, 2007 #2
    If you had thought ahead, you would have kept your lecture notes, try skimming through them, and hopefully if you were paying attention, a lot of it will come back to you.

4. May 7, 2007 #3
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?