What Are the Best Forums for Electronics and Electrical Engineering Enthusiasts?

• Thread starter Redbelly98
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation discusses a website that reviews the forum from the perspective of an electronics/electrical engineering enthusiast. The participants express their gratitude for being recognized as a helpful forum and discuss the possibility of using a heavy fish for their welcoming ritual. They also speculate on the origin of the golden horn of destiny and share their favorite types of fish.
Physics news on Phys.org
Woot micromass!

Yeah, heed the Wise Warthog!

Actually, it's spot on.

AAAaaaahahahaha...they mention our welcoming ritual!111

BTW there is a rumor -- not confirmed -- that the golden horn of destiny was originally crafted by none other than the Wise Warthog, who then turned it over to the cyclops for safeguarding.

Maybe people won't pick a small fish if we ask them what their favorite gill-bearing aquatic vertebrate [1] is. References:
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish

lisab said:
AAAaaaahahahaha...they mention our welcoming ritual!111

What's the welcoming ritual? Did I sign up before it existed? :biggrin:

cepheid said:
What's the welcoming ritual? Did I sign up before it existed? :biggrin:
What's your favorite fish?

Evo said:
What's your favorite fish?

Oh, I don't know. Salmon.

Edit, I probably should have read the article first. Oh well, too late to take it back. Uh, very very small salmon.

*slaps cepheid with a salmon*

It seems to me that the best tactic would be to specify something like a marlin. I’d like to see someone pick up one of those to slap you around the head with it. Or is the use of heavy lifting equipment allowed?

jhae2.718 said:
*slaps cepheid with a salmon*

Ouch! =D

Ken Natton said:
It seems to me that the best tactic would be to specify something like a marlin. I’d like to see someone pick up one of those to slap you around the head with it. Or is the use of heavy lifting equipment allowed?
We do have the necessary heavy equipment, we've had requests for whole tuna before. Unfortunately, the member was never seen again. :redface:

Ken Natton said:

Feel free to try it out! Is your favorite fish marlin? :biggrin:

Evo said:
We do have the necessary heavy equipment...

micromass said:
Feel free to try it out! Is your favorite fish marlin? :biggrin:

Ahem. I've always been terribly fond of whitebait.

1. What is the purpose of a review of Physics Forums?

The purpose of a review of Physics Forums is to provide an overview and evaluation of the website, its features, and its community. This can help others make informed decisions about whether or not to join the forum, as well as provide feedback to the website developers.

2. How is a review of Physics Forums typically structured?

A review of Physics Forums typically includes an introduction to the website and its history, an overview of its features and user interface, a discussion of the community and its dynamics, and a conclusion with a summary of the reviewer's experience and overall opinion of the forum.

3. What are some common pros and cons mentioned in reviews of Physics Forums?

Some common pros mentioned in reviews of Physics Forums include a large and active community, a wide range of topics and resources available, and helpful and knowledgeable moderators. Some common cons include a steep learning curve for new users, occasional technical issues, and overly strict moderation policies.

4. Are reviews of Physics Forums reliable?

As with any online reviews, it is important to take them with a grain of salt and consider the source and potential biases. However, reviews of Physics Forums can provide valuable insights and perspectives from current and past users, and can be a helpful resource when researching the website.

5. Are reviews of Physics Forums only written by users who have had negative experiences?

No, reviews of Physics Forums can be written by users with both positive and negative experiences. While some users may use reviews as a platform to express their frustrations, others may use them to share their positive experiences and offer constructive criticism for improvement.