Unravelling Alligator and Alleg Riddles: Solved!

• MHB
  • Thread starter topsquark
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation includes three alligator-related riddles and jokes, with solutions to the first two provided. Some members may not enjoy these riddles, but Dan welcomes them back and adds two more alligator-related riddles. The conversation also includes a joke about a mallard and lyrics to a song about alligator pie, stew, and soup.
topsquark
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
MHB
Since I've been away from MHB for a while I thought I'd inflict upon you these three riddles concerning alligators and their kin allegs.

Riddle 1: Why did the alleg get blamed for the murder of a woman?

Solution 1:
The alleg ate her.

Riddle 2: What do you call someone with ill will towards allegs?

Solution 2:
An alleg hater.

Riddle: What do you call someone who is afraid of a 10 foot long alligator?

Solution 3:
Rational!

Some discerning members here at MHB will probably say, in their most humble opinion, that these riddles suck. To these members all I can say is "Yes, yes they do."

-Dan

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome back, Dan! I can't help but wanting to add two more alligators-related riddle and joke here!(Happy)

1. What do you call an alligator in a vest?
Investigator
alligator-in-vest.jpg

2. To all alligator husbands out there...
funny-animal-jokes-for-kids-funny-kids-animal-jokes-600x446-600x420.jpg

Not alligator-related …

Q: Why did the mallard cross the road?
9cf047ff637592ba0cd02cddb0492fe1.jpg
a109caac7a7fb55faed130476f4c7008.jpg

A:
Because he didn’t want to be a sitting duck!
d4a56b3a4638372ce54a4191ea08a8e4.jpg

A group of three of four mallards came to visit our street one morning. They hung around for half an hour or so before leaving.

Alligator pie, alligator pie,
If I don't get some I think I'm going to die.
Give away the green grass, give away the sky,
But don't give away my alligator pie.

Alligator stew, alligator stew,
If I don't get some I don't know what I'll do.
Give away my furry hat, give away my shoe,
But don't give away my alligator stew.

Alligator soup, alligator soup,
If I don't get some I think I'm going to droop.
Give away my hockey stick, give away my hoop,
But don't give away my alligator soup.

1. What are alligator and alleg riddles?

Alligator and alleg riddles are a type of word game where the answer to the riddle is a word or phrase that sounds like the word "alligator" or "alleg". These riddles often involve wordplay and require creative thinking to solve.

2. Why are these riddles challenging?

Alligator and alleg riddles can be challenging because they require a combination of critical thinking and knowledge of wordplay. The use of puns and other forms of wordplay can make these riddles difficult to decipher.

3. What are some common examples of alligator and alleg riddles?

Examples of alligator and alleg riddles include "What do you call an alligator in a vest? An investi-gator!" and "What do you call an alleg with a doctorate degree? A professor." These riddles often involve word substitutions and double meanings.

4. How do you solve these riddles?

To solve an alligator or alleg riddle, it is important to carefully read the riddle and consider all possible meanings of the words involved. It can also be helpful to think about different words that sound like "alligator" or "alleg" and see if they fit the context of the riddle.

5. Are there any tips for solving these riddles?

One tip for solving alligator and alleg riddles is to break down the words and think about their individual meanings. Pay attention to any wordplay or puns that may be involved, and try to think outside the box when considering possible solutions. Additionally, practicing with different types of wordplay can help improve your skills in solving these riddles.