RIP Dr Foofer

• News
  • Thread starter Kurdt
  • Start date
Evo
Mentor
Thanks all of you, it's so nice to hear your kind words, it really helps ease the pain.

Evo
Mentor
Right now I'm dealing with, "did I do enough?", did I push back enough? could I have done or said something that would mean he'd be alive now? I don't think I did, and it's killing me.

Right now I'm dealing with, "did I do enough?", did I push back enough? could I have done or said something that would mean he'd be alive now? I don't think I did, and it's killing me.
You did more good for him than anybody else could.

In some ways, I grieved more for my cats than I did my parents. My Kitty is pulling (and purring) for you.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
No, you did everything just right. I know you did, and that no one could have done better for him. Foofer had a good life and a good mom. Every little creature we love is going to leave us at some point (unless they outlive us, which I see as often being a worse fate), and we have no control over that. He was a very lucky kitty to have landed in your lap.

ideasrule
Homework Helper
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Evo. :frown: I know losing a pet isn't a good experience.

Borek
Mentor
Just shut up and do loundry or cook something.

And you know it is the second best message you can get after being comforted by MIH & Loren.

(risking my last GOOBF card :bugeye:)

Evo
Mentor
aww, one of the best posts and reminds me of what I loved about foofer.

OM said:
Dr. Foofers gone to heaven where he belongs, because he didn't stink.
So true!! He always smelled Springtime Mountain Meadow Fresh. That's a very happy memory of him. Thank you for reminding me of how fresh he always smelled. :smile:

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Mmmm...I love cat smell.

Again, I wish you the best, Evo, my thoughts are with you...especially tonight, as I pet my Sweet Miss Phoebe...I couldn't help but notice she has that bony old-cat feel these days. I love her very much, it's sad she's getting old.

I vote that PFers give the kitties in their lives a special chin-scratch, in honor of Dr. Foofer.

Evo
Mentor
I vote that PFers give the kitties in their lives a special chin-scratch, in honor of Dr. Foofer.
Aww, yes, chin scratches and neck and ear rubs. :smile:

Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Lazor and Yeller love ear rubs. I'm amazed they'll let me press my knuckles right into their ear openings! Next time will be to honor Dr. Foofer.

IMP
Sorry for your loss. It is hard to deal with loosing a family member like that. We used to have 12 cats in a 2 bedroom apartment. There was also a "kitty door" so they could come and go as they pleased. There was never a dull moment around there!
For some reason I find this picture very comforting, hope you will too...

Attachments

~christina~
Gold Member
It's sad that most pets don't live as long as we do.

Me and Mew-Mew send our condolences to you and your family as well. :frown:

fuzzyfelt
Gold Member
So sorry for your loss, evo and girls.