Ripley's Believe it or Not? Dont believe it

• News
  • Thread starter VashtiMaiden
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a video of someone solving a 20x20x20 Rubik's Cube in 4 hours, and the discussion surrounding it. Some people are skeptical, while others believe it is possible with enough practice and a method used for the 3x3 version. There is also discussion about the difficulty of solving a 20x20x20 cube, with some people finding it too boring or time-consuming. Some people argue that it is not actually impressive, as it can be solved using algorithms. Overall, opinions are divided on whether or not this feat is impressive or worth attempting.
Physics news on Phys.org
The truth is..I really don't know if I'll believe it or what.

That may take a while to master

There is a method to solving a Rubix cube. I tend to believe that this is real. I think in 4 hours, though, my head would explode.

There's a method to solving the 3x3 version I know that I'm sure with a bit of work could be applied to 20x20, although why you would want to is beyond me, how boring would that be to do?

undrcvrbro said:
That may take a while to master

while? for me, It would take Decades!

VashtiMaiden said:
while? for me, It would take Decades!
I'd probably give up after the first decade.

Schrodinger's Dog said:
There's a method to solving the 3x3 version I know that I'm sure with a bit of work could be applied to 20x20, although why you would want to is beyond me, how boring would that be to do?
I think that's the real question isn't why someone would want to, but WHO would want to?

Pfft, what a load of crap. Notice how the computer showed you which rows and columns were moved, just really fast? He just memorized that and undid it.

Yeah, its real, my friend gets sub-minute ones on his 3 by 3 and can do a 5 by 5 in about 5 mins. The thing is, being 20 by 20 there is no center, which makes it much harder. In fact he just ordered an 11 by 11.

none of this is impressive, all of these are solved algorithmically

undrcvrbro said:
I'd probably give up after the first decade.

1st decade..? maybe..I'm already dead..o:)

What is "Ripley's Believe it or Not? Don't believe it"?

Ripley's Believe it or Not is a franchise of museums, books, and television shows that showcase unusual and bizarre stories, artifacts, and exhibitions from around the world. The phrase "Don't believe it" is often added as a playful tagline to emphasize the unbelievable nature of the content.

Who is the founder of "Ripley's Believe it or Not? Don't believe it"?

The franchise was founded by cartoonist and entrepreneur Robert Ripley in 1918. Ripley first started his collection of oddities and strange stories as a syndicated newspaper feature called "Champs and Chumps" before officially launching the "Ripley's Believe it or Not" brand.

Are all the stories and artifacts in "Ripley's Believe it or Not? Don't believe it" real?

While many of the stories and artifacts featured in Ripley's Believe it or Not are based on real events and objects, some may be exaggerated or fabricated for entertainment purposes. The franchise also includes interactive exhibits and experiences that are not necessarily based on real events.

How many "Ripley's Believe it or Not? Don't believe it" museums are there?

As of 2021, there are currently 33 Ripley's Believe it or Not museums around the world. These include locations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, and Asia. Each museum features unique exhibits and artifacts specific to its location.

What is the most famous exhibit in "Ripley's Believe it or Not? Don't believe it"?

The most famous exhibit in Ripley's Believe it or Not is the shrunken head collection. This collection contains real shrunken human heads from the Shuar tribe in Ecuador. These heads were traditionally created as part of a ritual and were used for a variety of purposes, including warding off enemies and honoring ancestors.