What's Ripley's connection to Weyland-Yutani?

• Thread starter Ripley
  • Start date
In summary, "Ripley's introduction thread" is a forum post where a user introduces themselves to an online community. It is important because it allows other members to get to know the user and for the user to share their interests and background. To find the thread, you can search for the user's username or look for a section on the forum for new member introductions. Posting in the thread is usually allowed and in your own introduction, you should include information about yourself and can also ask questions or share other relevant information.
Ripley
Hello,
Just joined up today and didn't want to start a whole thread just to introduce myself. I currently live in the UK, and I'm studying maths. I seem to be studying 8-10 hours a day 7 days a week so have no social life at all. In the spare time I do have I read a lot of sci-fi, cook and go on walks. Hope no-one minds me posting here and hopefully I'll get to know some of you in the future.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm afraid you have to start a new thread, Ripley.:devil:

drizzle said:

Perhaps whatever Ripley just said could qualify as a random thought. :tongue:

Ripley said:
Hello,
Just joined up today and didn't want to start a whole thread just to introduce myself. I currently live in the UK, and I'm studying maths. I seem to be studying 8-10 hours a day 7 days a week so have no social life at all. In the spare time I do have I read a lot of sci-fi, cook and go on walks. Hope no-one minds me posting here and hopefully I'll get to know some of you in the future.

Welcome to PF, Ripley! You'll find lots of people just like you here, so don't worry.

drizzle said:
Sorry! If I add a random thought could you let me off?

Thanks vahsek :)

I took pity on Ripley and moved his posts into a separate thread. To repay us, he can tell us what his favorite fish is. :smile:

Welcome

Your favourite fish, Ripley, let's go!

Welcome Ripley!
Now, tell us your favorite fish so we can appropriately initiate you. :biggrin:

Thank you jtbell! :) I should say now that I'm a she not a he!

Is there a correct answer :-/ I feel like this is a test.

Eating salmon.

I once went to a sealife centre and loved the pufferfish. They seem quite intelligent for fish. Frogfish are also interesting.

I'll catch a salmon so someone can slap the hell out of you with it ^^ I don't hit women, let someone else have the honour :)

Likes 1 person
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

There. You are now officially a PF member. :biggrin:

I hope you enjoy it here. :)

Ripley... have you ever worked for Weyland-Yutani?

lendav_rott said:
I'll catch a salmon so someone can slap the hell out of you with it ^^ I don't hit women, let someone else have the honour :)

How do you know Ripley is a woman? All that person said was that he/she likes to cook and take walks...

You skipped Ripley's response #9, strange.

drizzle said:
You skipped Ripley's response #9, strange.

It is indeed strange. I went back and read it now. Thank you.

Strange said:
How do you know Ripley is a woman? All that person said was that he/she likes to cook and take walks...

I knew before She told us, don't ask how.

lendav_rott said:
I knew before She told us, don't ask how.

Straaaaaaaange..

drizzle said:
Straaaaaaaange..

Called me? sup?

Strange said:
Called me? sup?

Nope, you're not that strange. :p

drizzle said:
Nope, you're not that strange. :p

He's charming though, but perhaps a bit down too.

You are quarking me up.

Last edited:
Borek said:
Ripley... have you ever worked for Weyland-Yutani?

Ah yes, we had issues that I can't discuss, still waiting to hear back from the employment tribunal :tongue:

What is "Ripley's introduction thread"?

"Ripley's introduction thread" is a forum post or discussion thread where a user named Ripley introduces themselves to a particular online community or forum.

Why is "Ripley's introduction thread" important?

"Ripley's introduction thread" is important because it allows other members of the online community to get to know Ripley and welcome them to the group. It also gives Ripley the opportunity to share their interests and background with others.

How can I find "Ripley's introduction thread"?

You can find "Ripley's introduction thread" by searching for Ripley's username or by looking for a section on the forum dedicated to new member introductions.

Can I post in "Ripley's introduction thread"?

Yes, most forums allow members to post in introduction threads to welcome new members and start conversations with them.

What should I include in my own introduction thread?

In your own introduction thread, you should include some information about yourself, such as your name, interests, and why you joined the forum. You can also ask questions or share any other relevant information you'd like others to know about you.