1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Seeking Advice on Chemistry Study

1. Jul 1, 2014 #1
    Hello!

I am a rising sophomore with double majors in a chemistry and microbiology. The reason I wrote this post is to seek your advice on my plan to review the chemistry for myself and for the research lab; I am currently working for the synthetic chemistry lab that focuses on the antibiotics and medical microbiology. Besides the research, I do not have anything to do for this summer so I am planning to devote the time on my studying.

I will be taking the organic chemistry course along with the biochemistry. I think it is a good idea to preview the organic chemistry during this summer, but I think I did not master my general chemistry as well as I should...I remember that the course was heavily focused on the physical chemistry (elementary). Should I skip the review of general chemistry and go right into studying of organic chemistry and research-related papers, or should I review the general chemistry during this summer? Can I study both organic chemistry, general chemistry, and biochemistry at the same time? Here are the topics from general chemistry that I feel confident: wavefunctions and electron density, basics of chemical bonding (no MO theory), stoichiometry, and acids-bases & electrochemistry & chemical equilibrium (I took the analytical chemistry on last semester).

Thank you very much for your time!
    I look forward to your advice!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted