Where Can I Find the GCF and LCM Functions on the Sharp EL-520X Calculator?

In summary, the person is looking for the function to find the greatest common factor or the lowest common multiple in the EL-520X calculator. They mention that they were able to find it in an older version of Sharp, but cannot find it in this one. They also mention checking the manual but it does not mention the function.
Computer science news on Phys.org
thanks for the manual, but nope :(

1. What are the main features of the Sharp Calculator EL-520X?

The Sharp Calculator EL-520X is a scientific calculator that has a 12-digit display and can perform over 400 different functions, including trigonometric, logarithmic, and statistical calculations. It also has a multi-line playback function, making it easier to review and edit complex calculations.

2. How do I change the number of decimal places displayed on the Sharp Calculator EL-520X?

To change the number of decimal places displayed, press the "SET UP" button, then use the arrow keys to navigate to "FSE" (floating point setting). Press the "EXE" button and use the arrow keys to select the desired number of decimal places. Press "EXE" again to confirm the change.

3. Can the Sharp Calculator EL-520X perform matrix calculations?

Yes, the Sharp Calculator EL-520X has a matrix function that allows you to perform operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and inverse on matrices up to 3x3 in size.

4. How do I clear the memory on the Sharp Calculator EL-520X?

To clear the memory on the Sharp Calculator EL-520X, press the "SET UP" button, then use the arrow keys to navigate to "MCL" (memory clear). Press the "EXE" button to clear all memory contents.

5. Is the Sharp Calculator EL-520X allowed to be used on standardized tests?

The use of calculators on standardized tests varies by test and location. It is best to check with the specific testing organization or your test administrator to determine if the Sharp Calculator EL-520X is allowed to be used on a particular test.

Back