Should I pursue an Xseries or a credit-course?

  • Topic: Courses 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Gjmdp
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Gjmdp
Messages
147
Reaction score
5
I want to go to a good university to study astrophysics, and for doing so I'm thinking for getting an online certificate from edX. The problem is I don't know what is better.

There's a course called "Introduction to Solar Systems Astronomy" in which if you pass it, you may get 4 credit hours, but with a high cost of 600$.
The other option is the Xseries of "Astrophysics" consisting on 4 courses with a total cost of 200$ which is far for economical. It seems this has the same content as the 1st year of Astrophysics in ANU university.

I don't know what to pursue. If I go into ISSA, university aplication may get easier, as I proved to handle credit, but 4 credit hours may be quite few, and the prize is so high (I'm a teenager)... If I go into "Astrophysics", university aplication may get easier too, but maybe quite less. Although, is more economical, and it proved I completed more courses (so much more certificates).

What do you recommend? :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Online certificates are useless. Take the course if you're interested, but don't expect it to help you with admission.