1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Should I take AP Chemistry?

1. Sep 14, 2009 #1
    I am a junior in high school with a 4.1 GPA. I am seriously considering either paleontology or some kind of biology as a major in college. I have read that as a future science major, I should take as many science courses as possible in high school.

I know I will need to use chemistry in either of the majors listed above, and I am wondering if I should take AP chemistry. My reservations are that I do not know if the teacher is any good and I have heard that the AP Chem test is the hardest of all the AP tests. I also do not truly enjoy chemistry, but am willing to suffer through it for other sciences.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 14, 2009 #2
    I am self-studying AP Chem this year. If you decide to do it, I strongly recommend Linus Pauling's book "General Chemistry". It covers tons of stuff that is definitely not on the exam and is a bit out of date, but the quality is simply superb.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook