• Start date

Are signatures with images acceptable?

• Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
Evo said:
This is not unique to Microsoft, all large companies take action on possible trademark infringement.
Uhmmm "Metalicca" Ooops sorry Greg, for the impending lawsuit....

Everyone has the right to the protection of their name, heck even me...

But I am thinking that I too like it without signatures everwhere, less distracting and less 'semi-used' reading space....sooo. you only know when you have learned, you need to try to learn, so you need to try, to know, and only then can you {successfully(?)} judge.....ment......

Evo said:
This is not unique to Microsoft, all large companies take action on possible trademark infringement.
That reminds me of a case against Uzi Nissan. A businessman selling computers Online. Using his last name as his domain name Nissan.com, the company filed a lawsuit against him saying that it was a violation. He lost the case. His site was taken down.

Although in this situation, I just think he can't afford a good lawyer. Nissan cars can afford a battery of good lawyers that rival OJ's.

How was he able to register Nissan.com anyway?

Chen said:
How was he able to register Nissan.com anyway?
Just like any other normal business. He has used the name Nissan ever since 1987, at that time Nissan Motor was known as Datsun.

A businessman selling computers Online. Using his last name as his domain name Nissan.com, the company filed a lawsuit against him saying that it was a violation. He lost the case. His site was taken down.
That explains why Nissan's URL a couple of years back was: "NissanDriven.com" as opposed to just "nissan.com"

I found that weird since every other company just used the name, honda.com, ford.com, bmw.com.

Tsunami said:
Ya know, at first I was really missing the signatures. But after using this format for a while, I find that I really like not seeing them. The discussions seem to flow better without the distractions of them. One or two liners weren't bad, but the longer ones and the ones with pictures became a little annoying after a while.
I know what you mean. Ive been to other forums where almost everyone had 5 to 15 cm signature images. There was more picture than text.

Very annoying, eventually gave up that forum.