Simple İntegral question Check

• Thread starter Arman777
  • Start date
I hate symobolabIn summary, the conversation is about finding the integral of x/(C-x)^2 and the use of substitution to solve it. The conversation also discusses a discrepancy between the result found by the user and the result given by Symbolab. The user suggests that it may be a typo and expresses frustration with using Symbolab.
Arman777
Insights Author
Gold Member

Homework Statement

##\int \frac{x}{\left(C-x\right)^2}dx=?##
Here ##C## is a constant

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

##c-x=u## then ##dx=-du##
then it becomes,
##\int \frac{u-c}{\left(u\right)^2}du##
##\int \frac{u}{u^2}-\frac{c}{u^2}du##
From there I found
##ln\left(c-x\right)+\frac{c}{c-x}##
but symbolab says its,
##ln\left(c-x\right)+\frac{x}{c-x}##
I cannot see how ??

Physics news on Phys.org
It's probably quicker to just differentiate your result than to check it with software from which you learn nothing.

alan2 said:
It's probably quicker to just differentiate your result than to check it with software from which you learn nothing.
Make sense never thought.

1. What is a "Simple Integral question"?

A simple integral question is a type of math problem that involves finding the area under a curve on a graph. It is commonly used in calculus and requires knowledge of basic integration techniques.

2. How do I solve a "Simple Integral question"?

To solve a simple integral question, you will need to use integration techniques such as the power rule, substitution, or integration by parts. First, identify the function and limits of integration. Then, apply the appropriate integration technique to find the area under the curve.

3. What is the purpose of solving a "Simple Integral question"?

The purpose of solving a simple integral question is to find the area under a curve, which can have many real-world applications such as calculating volumes, distances, and probabilities. It also helps to understand the behavior of a function and its relationship to its derivative.

4. Can I use a calculator to solve a "Simple Integral question"?

Yes, you can use a calculator to solve a simple integral question, but it is important to have a basic understanding of the integration techniques and concepts involved. Some calculators have built-in integration functions, while others may require you to manually input the function and limits of integration.

5. What are some tips for solving a "Simple Integral question"?

Some tips for solving a simple integral question include practicing different integration techniques, checking your work using a calculator or online integral calculator, and breaking down the question into smaller parts if it seems too complex. It is also helpful to review the fundamental principles of integration and seek assistance from a tutor or teacher if needed.