Simplify Problem: Solve x^3/2(x+x5/2-x2)

• Thread starter Proleague
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Simplify
In summary, To simplify the given expression, you need to carry out the multiplication and apply the rules of exponents. You will need to memorize the rules xab=(xa)b=(xb)a and xaxb=xa+b. Once you have multiplied everything out, simplify the expression using these rules.
Proleague

Homework Statement

x^3/2(x+x5/2-x2)

Homework Equations

I don't know how to simplify this problem.

I don't know any process either.

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe all you need to do is carry out the multiplication. Since you haven't supplied the exact problem statement, it's hard to know exactly what is called for here.

Mark44 said:
Maybe all you need to do is carry out the multiplication. Since you haven't supplied the exact problem statement, it's hard to know exactly what is called for here.
The title of the topic is, "simplify problem". As just said, "carry out the multiplication." and then apply rules of exponents. The result should be in simplified form.

You need to memorize the rules: xab=(xa)b=(xb)a and xaxb=xa+b. You will need the latter to do this problem. So follow the other's advice and multiply everything out, and then simplify.

Related to Simplify Problem: Solve x^3/2(x+x5/2-x2)

What is the problem asking me to do?

The problem is asking you to simplify the expression x^3/2(x+x5/2-x2).

How do I simplify this expression?

To simplify this expression, you can use the exponent rule (x^a * x^b = x^(a+b)) and the distributive property (a(b+c) = ab + ac).

What is the first step in simplifying this expression?

The first step is to distribute the exponent of 3/2 to each term inside the parentheses, which gives us x^(3/2) * (x + x^(5/2) - x^2).

Can I combine like terms in this expression?

Yes, you can combine like terms in this expression. In this case, there are no like terms to combine, so the expression remains the same.

Is this expression fully simplified?

Yes, this expression is fully simplified. It cannot be further simplified using exponent or algebraic properties.