Simulink vector space alpha beta transformation

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with a model's output angle not reaching the expected range of 0 to 180 degrees and dropping to -180 degrees. The problem is discovered to be with the sample rate being too low, which is resolved by changing it to a higher value.
Cdz
<< Thread moved to the HH forums from the technical engineering forums, so no HH Template is shown >>

The model:
model.PNG

reference generation subsystem.png

The goal:
1. Create a three phase voltage
2. Do a alpha-beta transformation
3. Do a Cartesian to Polar transformation
4 Check the output angle
The expected result:
Since the space vector rotates counter-clock wise the angle should from 0 to 180o and drop to -180o(instantly!) and rise again and repeat.
But the actual result is:
result.PNG

As you can see it does not reach 180 or -180 sometimes..I need your help.

Attachments

• result.PNG
    result.PNG
    28.6 KB · Views: 538
  • reference generation subsystem.png
    reference generation subsystem.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 779
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I changed three phase voltage generation part to a Three Phase Sine Generator and the angle output is as I expected.
So the problem lies in three phase voltage generation.
But i can not figure out how that is wrong. Help!

Problem solved. The problem is that the scope is running with too low a sample rate. I changed the sample rate from 0.01(default) to 0.00002 and the result is good.

1. What is a Simulink vector space alpha beta transformation?

A Simulink vector space alpha beta transformation is a mathematical technique used in control systems engineering to convert a set of three-phase electrical variables into a two-dimensional space, making it easier to analyze and control the system.

2. What is the purpose of using alpha beta transformation in Simulink?

The purpose of using alpha beta transformation in Simulink is to simplify the analysis and control of three-phase electrical systems by converting them into a two-dimensional space. This allows for easier visualization and manipulation of the variables.

3. How does alpha beta transformation work in Simulink?

In Simulink, alpha beta transformation works by using a set of equations to convert the three-phase quantities (such as voltage and current) into two components - alpha and beta. These components are then used to represent the system in a two-dimensional space.

4. What are the benefits of using alpha beta transformation in Simulink?

There are several benefits of using alpha beta transformation in Simulink, including simplifying the analysis and control of three-phase systems, reducing the number of variables to be considered, and making it easier to implement control algorithms.

5. Are there any limitations of using alpha beta transformation in Simulink?

While alpha beta transformation is a useful technique in Simulink, it does have some limitations. These include the assumption of balanced three-phase systems and the potential for errors if the system parameters are not accurately known.