Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Singularity and Black Hole

1. Jun 15, 2016 #1
    Hello Friends... I just need a help... I wanna kno what happens to the Singularity inside the black hole when it evaporates... Help me out

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 15, 2016 #2

Nugatory

Staff: Mentor

We can't be sure because we haven't actually studied the inside of a black hole... But the most likely answer is that there isn't a singularity there so the problem doesn't come up.

The equations of general relativity predict a singularity at ##r=0##, but these equations do not allow for quantum mechanical effects that only matter for very small values of ##r##. It is likely that if we did allow for these effects (which are not fully understood - we do not have a complete theory of quantum gravity) prevent a singularity from forming.

4. Jun 15, 2016 #3
    Will the spacetime return back normal when the black hole evaporates and vanishes?

5. Jun 15, 2016 #4

Nugatory

Staff: Mentor

That depends on what you mean by "normal" and what you're considering to be not "normal" when the black hole is there.... But there won't be anything left behind except the Hawking radiation spreading out through space.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted