Small size Motor to generate this torque

Good day everyone. I have two magnets where if I rotate them 20° they disconnect. It has a 0.4 N* m force of torque. I want to make them move with a motor. However I need it as little as possible. So after doing research I found tiny motors that are around 4000 RPM. It doesn't mention the HP they produce. I was wondering if there was a way I could find out if the motor is strong enough to produce 0.4 N*m of force. Any help is appreciated. Thank you so much!

Answers and Replies

A.T.
Science Advisor
I was wondering if there was a way I could find out if the motor is strong enough to produce 0.4 N*m of force.
The torque will vary with RPM. You need the specific torque for the RPM you require. It sounds like you need a servo motor.

CWatters
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
What rpm do you need? You can increase torque at the expense of reducing rpm using a gear box.

After looking for a servo motor I believed I found exactly what I needed. To be honest I was looking for micro servo motors (I had never heard about these). Basically I didn't need much rpm ( I didn't need it fast) I just needed it to be very very small in length width and height as I need to compact all of it as much as possible. I will continue researching the micro servo motors. I believe it is what I need. Thank you.

Likes CWatters and berkeman