So it's Operation: Iraqi Freedom.

kyleb
ahh and it includes Asia, Asia [from 1991], Asia [up to 1991], India, India [inc. Sikkim], Indonesia, China, China [inc. Taiwan province], China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China, Macao Special Administrative Region and so on. so not only do you have the overlap from regions and the countries within them, but also listings for provinces of countries and listings from various timeframe as well. i think your source is rather out of context kat. :wink:

Thanks to both Kyleb & Kat, but Kat if you will forgive me, Kyleb's answer cooresponds to what I had roughly known, so I'll stick with that one.

More democratic countries in the world, then not, hence the UN is not a predominately undemocratic institution, it is predominated by Democratic Countries.

Edit; P.S. Kat, here's hoping that you get better soon, and thanks for the admission, I'll treasure it(?)!!

Njorl
Science Advisor
It is a pretty recent development. Before the end of the cold war, Eastern Europe, Central AMerica and much of S. America were dictatorships. Also, some of the new nations carved from the Soviet Union are democratic. I wouldn't be suprised if in 1988, there was a clear majority that were dictatorships. Of course, 15 years ago might be ancient history to many readers of these boards.

Njorl