Software to learn algebra and geometry

In summary, the individual is seeking recommendations for software to improve their understanding of algebra and geometry. They have already asked about using books but would prefer software that provides feedback. Suggestions include wolfram.com, Geogebra, and bagatrix.com, which has been personally used and is effective for showing step-by-step problem solving.
bakin
My dad is a philosophy major at school, and feels that he would do a lot better with the logic if he understood math a little better. Can anybody here recommend a good software for learning algebra and geometry? I asked him about using books, but he wants to be able to have feedback with what he did wrong. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I would suggest wolfram.com

I know some people that swear by Geogebra for illustrating geometry to their students.

jkerrigan said:
http://www.bagatrix.com/
I have been using this software for a while now. It's good for showing step by step how to solve problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Software to learn algebra and geometry

1. How do I choose the right software for learning algebra and geometry?

The best way to choose the right software for learning algebra and geometry is to first determine your specific needs and goals. Consider factors like your current skill level, preferred learning style, and budget. Then, research and compare different software options to find one that aligns with your needs.

2. Can software really help me learn algebra and geometry?

Yes, software can be a highly effective tool for learning algebra and geometry. Many software programs offer interactive and engaging activities, practice problems, and personalized instruction. They can also track your progress and provide feedback, making it easier to identify and address any areas where you may need extra help.

3. Is it necessary to have prior knowledge of algebra and geometry before using software?

No, it is not necessary to have prior knowledge of algebra and geometry before using software. Many programs are designed for beginners and offer introductory lessons and activities. However, having a basic understanding of math concepts can make it easier to learn and use the software effectively.

4. Are there any free software options for learning algebra and geometry?

Yes, there are several free software options for learning algebra and geometry. Some popular choices include Khan Academy, Geogebra, and Mathway. These programs offer a variety of resources and tools for learning, and can be a great option for those on a budget.

5. How much time should I dedicate to using software for learning algebra and geometry?

The amount of time you should dedicate to using software for learning algebra and geometry will vary depending on your goals and progress. It is important to set aside regular study sessions to practice and review concepts. Aim for at least 30 minutes to an hour each day, and adjust as needed based on your progress and comfort level with the material.