1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Solid State Physics problem book?

1. Nov 11, 2014 #1

ZetaOfThree

Gold Member

What are some recommended resources with good problems (and preferably solutions as well) on Solid State Physics at the level of Kittel? I'm aware of Yung-Kuo Lim's "Problems and Solutions on Solid State Physics, Relativity and Miscellaneous Topics" which has graduate qualifying exam questions. However, I find graduate qualifying problems to lack depth of material and to not stress calculations. I appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 13, 2014 #2
    Hi, definitely the best book is the solid state Kittel, however for your pretensions, here I recommend two good texts with many proposed and solved exercises. They hope you find them helpful. Greetings.

Solid State Physics: Problems and Solutions Laszlo Mihaly & Michael C Martin
    1000 Solved Problems in Modern Physics Ahmad A. Kamal

4. Nov 13, 2014 #3

ZetaOfThree

Gold Member

Thanks very much for the recommendations! The book by Mihaly & Martin looks good!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted