Solve the Repaid-Diaper-RA-RE Puzzle

In summary, the Repaid-Diaper-RA-RE Puzzle is a mathematical puzzle where the letters of "repaid", "diaper", "RA", and "RE" are rearranged to form a new word. To solve the puzzle, one must use logic and problem-solving skills. There can be multiple solutions, but each letter can only be used once. Solving this puzzle can improve critical thinking, problem-solving, pattern recognition, vocabulary, and language skills.
K Sengupta
Substitute each of the letters by a different digit from 0 to 9 to satisfy this equation. None of the four numbers can contain any leading zero.

(REPAID)/(DIAPER) = (RA)/(RE)

Note: Each of the four numbers represent the concatenation of the digits, and does not denote the product of the digits.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Found solution via brute force: d=2 i=0 a=8 p=7 e=9 r=1
repaid=197802, diaper=208791
repaid*re=3758238, diaper*ra=3758238

I would approach this puzzle by using a systematic and logical approach. Firstly, I would break down the given equation into smaller parts to better understand it. The equation can be rewritten as:

(1000*R + 100*E + 10*P + A) / (1000*D + 100*I + 10*A + P) = (10*R + A) / (10*R + E)

Next, I would assign variables to each of the four numbers, such as R = 1, E = 2, P = 3, A = 4. This would give us the equation:

(1000*1 + 100*2 + 10*3 + 4) / (1000*3 + 100*2 + 10*4 + 3) = (10*1 + 4) / (10*1 + 2)

Simplifying this further, we get:

(1234 / 3233) = (14 / 12)

From this, we can see that the digits 1, 2, 3, and 4 satisfy the equation. However, these numbers cannot contain any leading zeros, so we would need to rearrange them to find a solution. After some trial and error, we can find that the solution is:

(2143 / 4321) = (21 / 23)

Therefore, the solution to the Repaid-Diaper-RA-RE puzzle is R = 2, E = 1, P = 4, A = 3. This approach can be used for any similar puzzles, where a systematic and logical approach is needed to find a solution.

What is the Repaid-Diaper-RA-RE Puzzle?

The Repaid-Diaper-RA-RE Puzzle is a mathematical puzzle that involves rearranging the letters of the words "repaid", "diaper", "RA", and "RE" to form a new word. The goal is to use each letter only once to create a new word.

How do you solve the Repaid-Diaper-RA-RE Puzzle?

To solve the puzzle, you will need to use logic and problem-solving skills. Start by looking for common letter combinations or patterns within the given words. Then, try rearranging the letters to form new words. Keep trying different combinations until you find a solution.

Is there only one solution to the Repaid-Diaper-RA-RE Puzzle?

No, there can be multiple solutions to the puzzle. It is possible to rearrange the letters in different ways to form different words. The challenge is to find a solution that uses each letter only once to create a new word.

Can you use a word more than once in the Repaid-Diaper-RA-RE Puzzle?

No, the rules of the puzzle state that each letter can only be used once. This means that you cannot use a letter from one of the given words to create a word and then use it again to create another word.

What skills can solving the Repaid-Diaper-RA-RE Puzzle help develop?

Solving the Repaid-Diaper-RA-RE Puzzle requires critical thinking, problem-solving, and pattern recognition skills. It also helps improve vocabulary and language skills as you try to create new words using the given letters.