Solving for x in an Algebraic Equation: (2x)^0.5 + (4x^2 - 2x)^0.5 = 2.34x

  • Thread starter Thread starter Calpalned
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
Calpalned
Messages
297
Reaction score
6

Homework Statement


(2x)0.5 + (4x2 - 2x)0.5 = 2.34x

Homework Equations


n/a

The Attempt at a Solution


How does one solve this algebraically? If I use a graphing calculator, how can I figure out the x and y intervals (so that I can see the whole graph).
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Calpalned said:

Homework Statement


(2x)0.5 + (4x2 - 2x)0.5 = 2.34x

Homework Equations


n/a

The Attempt at a Solution


How does one solve this algebraically? If I use a graphing calculator, how can I figure out the x and y intervals (so that I can see the whole graph).
How would you get rid of the square roots on the LHS of the equation?
 
Calpalned said:
... If I use a graphing calculator, how can I figure out the x and y intervals (so that I can see the whole graph).
You might also want to consider the domain of the left hand side of this equation.