Solving Freudenstein's Equation: Sources & Explanations

• Thread starter Mohrcircle
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sources
In summary, if you need information on the derivation of the Freudenstein equation, refer to the paper by Y. Yang. For understanding cam-cam contact, check out the book by P.M. Greshan. And for the synthesis of four-bar linkage and slider-crank mechanism, the book by A.G. Erdman and G.N. Sandor is a good resource.
Mohrcircle
upload_2018-5-9_16-19-21.png

These questions are going to be coming in exams. I have found info on derivation of freudenstein however I really don't know where to find info to solve for other three bullet points. Help would be appreciated in pointing me to the right source.

Also: For cam-cam contact any book suggested or internet source to solve it?

I prefer sources that give good explanations.

Thanks.

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-9_16-19-21.png
    upload_2018-5-9_16-19-21.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 988
Physics news on Phys.org
For the derivation of the Freudenstein equation, you can find a detailed explanation in the paper "The Derivation of the Freudenstein Equation and Its Application to Synthesis of Planar Mechanisms" by Y. Yang.For cam-cam contact, you can find a good explanation in the book "An Introduction to Mechanisms in Machines" by P.M. Greshan.For the other two bullet points (synthesis of four-bar linkage and slider-crank mechanism), I recommend the book "Mechanism Design: Analysis and Synthesis Volume 1" by A.G. Erdman and G.N. Sandor. This book provides detailed explanations for both topics.

Related to Solving Freudenstein's Equation: Sources & Explanations

1. What is Freudenstein's Equation?

Freudenstein's Equation is an algebraic equation used to calculate the position of a point in a mechanism, given the positions of other points in the mechanism.

2. Who was Freudenstein?

Robert G. Freudenstein was an American mechanical engineer who developed the equation in the 1950s. He is known for his contributions to the field of kinematics and mechanisms.

3. What are the sources of error when solving Freudenstein's Equation?

The main sources of error when solving Freudenstein's Equation are measurement errors in the input data, rounding errors in calculations, and limitations in the mathematical model used to represent the mechanism.

4. How is Freudenstein's Equation solved?

Freudenstein's Equation is typically solved using numerical methods such as the Newton-Raphson method or the bisection method. These methods involve iteratively improving an initial estimate of the solution until it reaches a desired level of accuracy.

5. What are some applications of Freudenstein's Equation?

Freudenstein's Equation is commonly used in the design and analysis of mechanical systems, such as robotic arms, linkages, and gear mechanisms. It is also used in fields such as automotive engineering, aerospace engineering, and biomechanics.