Ok, I will leave out the sarcasm this time, apparently the monitors have a limited sense of humor. You could generate a single pulse wave with a piston or a say a piece of plywood tipped on one end on a hard floor and then dropped. Would make a foof sound.
If anyone is really interested I could hook up a microphone and a scope and see what the wave form looks like from the plywood sheet. Don't think I want to get into the piston part, though it would likely be better. Wonder if the microphone would lie to me as it has moving parts.
I do have all the equipment required, and a large area aircraft hangar with an unused sheet of plywood in it.
May just do it anyway.
another edit: In response to your rephrasing of the question at 5:30 above: If you could generate a pressure pulse whether your ears would hear it would depend (as someone said, I think) on the rise and fall time of the pulse. If too slow, like being in a chamber and having the air pressure increased slowly and then released slowly would not be heard by your ears as sound.
Interestingly enough I have a cloud chamber I built and the pop-off valve on it that releases the pressure in the chamber makes a "chuff" sound when opened quickly. Has a leading "squeek" component also, but the chuff is midpoint in the very fast pressure release phase. Might be our pulse there. Thinking about that.