'Star Trek' icon Leonard Nimoy dies at age 83

  • Thread starter Thread starter jedishrfu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Age Star trek
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
38 replies · 6K views
Physics news on Phys.org
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/03/03/star-trek-fans-told-to-stop-spocking-5-bill

B-95XzlUwAEf6Yw.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn
I prefer Empire Spock to regular Spock:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_EbJiPU8AAuZmT.png​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: CalcNerd
nsaspook said:

This is actually a great idea by Canada. They are getting collectors to help fund Canada if they are removed from circulation and into collections. Admittedly it won't be a massive amount of funding, but it is almost guaranteed that 1/4 of these $5 notes will be collected and taken out of circulation.
 
CalcNerd said:
This is actually a great idea by Canada. They are getting collectors to help fund Canada if they are removed from circulation and into collections. Admittedly it won't be a massive amount of funding, but it is almost guaranteed that 1/4 of these $5 notes will be collected and taken out of circulation.

That's pretty funny. This morning, I was thinking, before you even posted this, that Canada should be printing these on $100 & $50 banknotes, for exactly the same reason.

I once paid $250 for George Takei's autograph, and I'm not even a Trekkie.
 
Actually the $5 bill is probably most profitable. Would you keep a $100 bill as a souvenir? (Well, maybe you would as you paid $250 for an autograph) Most people wouldn't. Maybe $10. But $5, sure, most Trekkie fans are going to keep at least on $5 bill. And all those crazy Trekkies south of the border (US citizens) are going to find a way to buy one as well. Hence Canada will maximize its value by printing a low and affordable denomination over a larger note. (my speculation only).
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Silicon Waffle
I have done a little experimenting and I think our U.S. $5 spocks rather well (except for the beard):

LSP_zpsjvaetdku.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix, Silicon Waffle, OmCheeto and 1 other person
Mirror Spock always looked cool. Somehow he can carry off the Lincoln beard too, which is just awesome.