Statics problem, suport reactions and pins, IDK where to go

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
hedera
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Homework Statement
Determine the support reactions at the fixed support at A and the rockers at B and C for the compound beam shown. The beam consists of three members that are pin connected at D and E. Determine the forces at both pins D and E.
Relevant Equations
Everything is at equilibrium: equilibrium equations.
So far I got the simplified forces of 12, 48 and 36 kN, at 1, 5 and 9.5m (from A) respectively, but I'm confused as what to do next, can you help me?

1625596329130.png
1625596340108.png
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hedera said:
Homework Statement:: Determine the support reactions at the fixed support at A and the rockers at B and C for the compound beam shown. The beam consists of three members that are pin connected at D and E. Determine the forces at both pins D and E.
Relevant Equations:: Everything is at equilibrium: equilibrium equations.

So far I got the simplified forces of 12, 48 and 36 kN, at 1, 5 and 9.5m (from A) respectively, but I'm confused as what to do next, can you help me?
You can write down a momentum equation and a vertical force equation for each of the mombers. One of these equations will only involve one unknown force or momentum. Solve that and one of the other equations will become easy.