cippy31 said:
I think so, but if you or someone else wants to intervene some more I certainly don't mind.
Actually I was trying to understand if the concept at large was feasible or not, theoretically speaking.
Okay, as i read the question again it seems to be more related to 'MATERIAL SCIENCE'. As i am an Electrical engineering student i don't study much of Material Science. But i am sure there are many people here at PF who are good at it. And they would help you understand this if you ask the right question. I mean the question you asked is incomplete. Still i will try to answer this and i would appreciate if someone expert in Material science corrects me.
Electrically Ice is non conducting Dielectric material.
Magnetically it is Diamagnetic.
How i think Electromagnetic field will effect ice?
1) Time varying EM Fields, the simplest example is sun light, it would definitely effect the temperature of ICE as i told you earlier.
2) Static Electric Field: It would effect it effect it as it affects a dielectric material. It will polarize it. Whether it will raise the temperature or not? I haven't studied it. But i think it will, because as we increase the strength of Electric Field the the polarisation will increase and this can effect the melting/boiling point of water
3) Static Magnetic Field: A diamagnetic material isn't affected by Magnetic Filed. So i don't think it would affect temperature.
I have just said things which i can remember from my first year and high school. Sorry i can't help further.