Weird Stories: Strange Happenings & Bizarre Experiences

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Strange
In summary: The next morning when the family went to milk the cow, they found the cow inside the neighbor's house but the book her mother was reading from was gone.
hypatia said:
I now plan to never enter the shed again thanks zoob
Yes, DO NOT GO INTO THE SHED!

Physics news on Phys.org
What I was thinking was that hypatia would wake up to find the thing standing at the foot of her bed.

hypatia, that thing is EVIL!

hypatia said:
Realistic details
Moans
Eyes move
Head turns and his chest heaves
Says butler phrases and laughs
AC adapter included
Motion activated

I now plan to never enter the shed again thanks zoob

What would be worse is if that thing moved its head and constantly made eye contact with you are around it... :eek:

That and the thing suddenly disappearing from the shed only to reappear in your room whenever you wake up. :devil:

You people are being rotten to poor Hypatia, i was scared stupid one morning
when benji stuck his cold nose in my face and woke me up, imagine having that
thing ^ wake you up.

hypatia said:
Realistic details
Moans
Eyes move
Head turns and his chest heaves
Says butler phrases and laughs
AC adapter included
Motion activated
I don't know why you need the AC adapter if it's powered by demonic spirits? :confused:

Anyways, YIKES! :eek: That thing gives me the creeps. I think you should throw it away. Only it would probably just keep finding its way back...

wolram said:
You people are being rotten to poor Hypatia, i was scared stupid one morning
when benji stuck his cold nose in my face and woke me up, imagine having that
thing ^ wake you up.
Especially if it has a cold nose, too! :smile:

gurkhawarhorse said:
ive heard that dogs see ghosts!:bugeye:
The more intriguing question is what do ghosts see? Suppose they could only see other ghosts, embodied in flesh or not. Presumably they can see us because we have ghosts inside of us. (Otherwise, where did the disembodied ghosts come from in the first place?) If they also see cats and dogs, that would be the ultimate proof that animals and humans are spiritually very similar (in addition to the more obvious physical similarities).

My sons been being a brat, so I told him I bought him a gift! Its in the shed! bwahahahahah!

hypatia said:
My sons been being a brat, so I told him I bought him a gift! Its in the shed! bwahahahahah!

Im beginning to think all PFers are evil except me o:)

I just have one doubt: why "ghosts" don't show up in the middle of the day?

Why always at night, in situations that involve sleep/drowsiness/darkness/tiredness? I suspect all such experiences include nothing outside physiology.

There are many reports of "ghosts" happening during the day and in public places. Most "ghost stories" take place at night and/or thunderstorms during storms, in old houses and castles.

ron damon said:
I just have one doubt: why "ghosts" don't show up in the middle of the day? Why always at night, in situations that involve sleep/drowsiness/darkness/tiredness?

Who or what says this is so; the movies?

Ivan Seeking said:
Who or what says this is so; the movies?

Got me there. I thought that was the norm.

ron damon said:
Got me there. I thought that was the norm.

It may be the norm but this sort of thing is not exclusive to the wee hours of the night. I knew of a kid that ran out of his house screaming, allegedly because a piano was playing by itself, before sunset. We were eating dinner when he starsted banging on the door. Years later, another woman living in the same house allegedly had a daytime apparition.

Ivan Seeking said:
It may be the norm but this sort of thing is not exclusive to the wee hours of the night. I knew of a kid that ran out of his house screaming, allegedly because a piano was playing by itself, before sunset. We were eating dinner when he starsted banging on the door. Years later, another woman living in the same house allegedly had a daytime apparition.

So, do you believe there was a piano playing by itself?

ron damon said:
So, do you believe there was a piano playing by itself?

I don't know. At the time the kid was my best friend and I don't recall any similar claims. The woman mentioned was a very close adult friend and at the time I believed her. I now view the story with greater skepticism, but at the same time I have to say that my wife and I have also experience a few strange events, so I am also more open to belief in other ways.

Oooh, I have some good stories told to me by my mom. But I don't have time right now.

Evo said:
Oooh, I have some good stories told to me by my mom. But I don't have time right now.

:rofl: I have two threads I've been dodging in S&D due to a simple lack of energy when I do have a little time.

while at my friends house his electronics have made weird noises. its happened many times but usually late at night. it makes a strange beeping/creaking sound that kind of sounds like morse code. its probably the cellphones causing interference but none of us had cellpones the first time we heard it like a year or two ago. his tv has made the sound. the computer speakers and even a clock radio. the tv and clock radio did it once before when they wernt even plugged in which is really odd. he also said that he heard a strange deep voice in the same fashion coming from his computer speakers lol. guess thers demons in his house

Math Is Hard said:
I was very interested to hear that TSA had the same dream experience as me, but somewhat disheartened to know that the aliens are now abducting him for translation. That means I must have been fired as their interpreter! :grumpy:
Mine happened over a decade ago so I'm thinking they may have moved on to you after me.
Mine was also quite differant. I was a detective, the trench coat and fedora wearing type, on an earth-like alien planet.
There was a group of colonists that had decided to live well outside the cities in the caves and not partake of hi-tech comforts.
They were found slaughtered and it appeared that they had all offed each other after going insane. I was there investigating the crime scene.
Someone pointed out some words carved into a tree.
When I looked at them I "recognized" it from the language of the race that had inhabited the planet before we had colonized it whom had all died off after presumably going insane and killing each other.
I don't remember what exactly it said but that it was a warning to leave.

The makings of a cheesy sci-fi flick really.

Kakarot said:
while at my friends house his electronics have made weird noises. its happened many times but usually late at night. it makes a strange beeping/creaking sound that kind of sounds like morse code. its probably the cellphones causing interference but none of us had cellpones the first time we heard it like a year or two ago. his tv has made the sound. the computer speakers and even a clock radio. the tv and clock radio did it once before when they wernt even plugged in which is really odd. he also said that he heard a strange deep voice in the same fashion coming from his computer speakers lol. guess thers demons in his house
I just started noticing that strange staticky beeping morse code stuff happening to my electronic devices about 1 month ago. It was perplexing the heck out of me until I realized that this was about the same time I had gotten my cellphone.

TSA, that is one bizarre dream you had!

TheStatutoryApe said:
Mine happened over a decade ago so I'm thinking they may have moved on to you after me.
Mine was also quite differant. I was a detective, the trench coat and fedora wearing type, on an earth-like alien planet.
There was a group of colonists that had decided to live well outside the cities in the caves and not partake of hi-tech comforts.
They were found slaughtered and it appeared that they had all offed each other after going insane. I was there investigating the crime scene.
Someone pointed out some words carved into a tree.
When I looked at them I "recognized" it from the language of the race that had inhabited the planet before we had colonized it whom had all died off after presumably going insane and killing each other.
I don't remember what exactly it said but that it was a warning to leave.

The makings of a cheesy sci-fi flick really.
Hey, it sounds like a good cheesy sci-fi flick. Maybe you ought to flesh it out.

Math Is Hard said:
I just started noticing that strange staticky beeping morse code stuff happening to my electronic devices about 1 month ago. It was perplexing the heck out of me until I realized that this was about the same time I had gotten my cellphone.

TSA, that is one bizarre dream you had!
I used to hear strange voices talking through my TV as it would get static-y, which really bothered me until I realized it was interference from CB radios of the truckers passing on a nearby road, and then it just bothered me more that their CBs were interferring with my TV. :grumpy: