Strange Magnets: Unusual Experiments & Free Energy

In summary, the conversation discussed a video on the internet featuring an obscure company claiming to create electricity with five times more energy than it consumes. The video was entertaining, but the speaker was intrigued by a demonstration involving a magnet and a copper tube. It was explained that the slow fall of the magnet was due to the generation of Foucault currents. The conversation also touched on the idea of using impressive experiments to convince a non-scientific audience of free energy, but the lack of funding and influence from politicians and big companies make it difficult to achieve.
androz
Hi all !

I've looked at a strange video on the net of an obscure compagnie
that pretend to create electricity (5 times more energy than it consume).
This video was very entertaining, I laughed a lot. But, there was
something special that intrigate me...
The pseudo-scientist take a permanent cylindrical magnet, and droped
it in a copper(?) tube. The magnet then falls of course, but at a very very
low speed.

First I could not explain that, but it is simply due to the moving magnet
that generate Foucault current in the copper...

Morality, do impresive experiments to a non-scientific audience, try to
make them believe you can offer them free power, electricity and so on,
but you can't because of a lack of money and because of the politicians
and big compagnies... and you'll be a big... swindler !

--> http://www.placeunique.com/projet.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I remember that experiment being performed at an open day quite a few years back when I was applying to universities. They certainly didn't claim it was producing energy from nowhere :D.

Eddy currents in the copper pipe slow the magent's fall. However I am not so sure about the free energy.

1. What are "strange" magnets?

"Strange" magnets refer to unconventional and unusual types of magnets that have unique properties and behaviors compared to traditional magnets. These magnets can exhibit strange behaviors such as repelling instead of attracting, or attracting non-magnetic materials.

2. How are these magnets different from traditional magnets?

Strange magnets differ from traditional magnets in their composition and physical properties. They are often made from uncommon materials, such as neodymium or rare earth metals, and can have unique shapes and structures that affect their magnetic fields.

3. What kind of experiments can be done with strange magnets?

There are a variety of experiments that can be done with strange magnets, such as demonstrating their unusual magnetic properties, testing their strength and durability, and exploring their potential for generating free energy.

4. Is there any scientific evidence for free energy from strange magnets?

There is currently no scientific evidence to support the claim that free energy can be generated from strange magnets. While some experiments have shown potential for generating energy, these claims have not been replicated or proven in a scientific setting.

5. Can I use strange magnets to power my home or devices?

At this time, there is no reliable or proven method for using strange magnets to power homes or devices. While some individuals and companies claim to have developed devices that use free energy from magnets, these claims have not been scientifically verified.