Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Suggestion for undergrad thesis in math

1. Jul 15, 2012 #1
    hello guys, i'm so very worried about my thesis, i can't come up with a title or any idea what will be my thesis all about .. would you lend me some help or suggestion what topic ? thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 15, 2012 #2

As a finishing undergraduate you should know by now that your question is too wide:

What do you like ? What optional courses did you take? Do you like better analysis, topology, algebra, probability...? What teachers

and what do they deal with are there available as u.g. thesis advisors?

Common, a finishing u.g. student should know better...

DonAntonio

4. Jul 15, 2012 #3
    There's a famous Topologist who in my opinion said it best and it's something I do all the time: I don't try and find something particular to work on. Rather I just "wade" in the mathematical waters and let the tide carry me whereever it leads. I find that very fitting to my way of doing things. So I suggest you consider that: just wade. Do something you find interesting with no particular goal in mind and allow it to carry you where it leads.

5. Jul 15, 2012 #4

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Why are you asking this to strangers on the internet and not to your professors??

Furthermore, you really need to give more information than in your OP.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook