1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Summer physics

1. Mar 17, 2012 #1
    Hi, i am currently a 9th grade student going to grade 10. I am extremely interested in physics and would really like to extend my knowledge beyond what I currently know. Throughout the summer I was thinking of doing something physics related, but im not sure what I could do. I was thinking of maybe emailing a professor at a local university and asking if i could assist in the lab? I'm not really sure. In short, I am looking for some extracurricular activities relating to physics to do over the summer. I live in Singapore, if that helps.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 18, 2012 #2
    What physics courses have you taken? What math have you taken?

4. Mar 18, 2012 #3
    i have self studied a lot of more advanced physics, and calculus

5. Mar 18, 2012 #4
    That doesn't really answer his question at all frankly and calculus is a large field. Can you be much more specific?

6. Mar 19, 2012 #5
    It might be pretty difficult to find someone to take you on,
    I had a summer scholarship at my uni which just ended a few weeks ago and it required at least 3rd year undergraduate knowledge, and 60% of the time I was reading and learning about new things to progress with work.

You could always continue studying yourself, learn how to code, that's something I wish I did in my free time when I was your age

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook