Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sup yall \o/

1. Oct 6, 2009 #1
    just googled "teaching yourself calculus" and this was first site to pop up.. Been looking for an educated forum for a while anyways

:yuck:

seems like a good place to converse and ask questions, as math has always been my strong point. Can't stand the sheer amount of school for a Phd, though...so I'm in computer science :confused: ...starting to really hate it ..
    ...was drooling over http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumapunku" [Broken] for a while....walls nearly as hard as diamond, perfectly cut lines!!! estimated over 15,000 years old O_O....for all us crazies to consider. . and discovering my real love is archaeology and ancient anthropology, but not really sure if it melds with math too much.. Speaking of...

also...just finished Ahttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Canticle_for_Leibowitz" [Broken] -- if anyone's in to apocalyptic scenarios...Okay, there's my contribution for the day, interested in reading responses

oh yeah, calculus...it's on my bucket list -- at least have to take a crack at it, any links or book titles would be nice :)) Keep in mind I don't buy data

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 6, 2009 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi pease! Welcome to PF, I hope you like it here.

4. Oct 6, 2009 #3
    Welcome to PF pease. You should be able to make a lot of new friends here with similar interests.

5. Oct 6, 2009 #4
    Welcome to PF. Beware. There be nerds about.

6. Oct 6, 2009 #5

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

...they walk among us....

7. Oct 6, 2009 #6

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Wow. I read that ... mmm ... 30 years ago, at the behest of my older brother. Could not stand it. But I persevered (I think. I don't know if I finished it, but I know I read a lot more of it than I wanted to.) I guess I didn't really realize it was a classic.

You should be warned, I couldn't make my way through any of the Dune books either. I tried sooo hard.

Also, Foundation. You know how you say "this is a classic movie" and someone else watahces it at your recommendation, and they don't have the same experience? That's me with Foundation.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  8. Oct 6, 2009 #7
    I found intriguing the following:

"They Wrote on Clay" by Edward Chiera (in used condition, but not outdated).

The enigmatic clay seals of the Indus River Valley Civilization (never out of date):biggrin:.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook