Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sync cable for pocket pc 10

1. Jun 24, 2006 #1
    I bought a new sync cable for pocket pc 10 minutes ago, and automatically pluged it in to see whether it works. When I already did, I couldn't take out the cable. It has like a fork to stiffly hold in incase someone disconnects the cable inciddently, and one 'fork' (thing to hold in) failed to work, I mean it doesn't work at all, even now. I couldn't take the cable any way I would try, so I just pulled it out by force, and together with that, pulled out half of the pocket pc connector, and now I can't connect any cable to it, nor a charger. I'm completely lost, should I go to the store and tell'em to give me a working cable and fix the entire pocket pc, or what?
    Help me,

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 24, 2006 #2

wolram

Gold Member

Due to your ham fistedness you have knackered it chuck it in the bin and buy a new one, so sorry for your loss :cry:

4. Jun 24, 2006 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Yep, should have taken the Pocket PC along with the defective cord back to the store and told them to find a way to get it out. Then it wouldn't be your problem.

5. Jun 24, 2006 #4

Danger

Gold Member

It sounds as if you're hooped, but I guess it depends upon how friendly you are with the dealer. The warrantee probably would have covered having the thing professionally removed and replaced because it was defective, but yarding it out with Vise-Grips probably voided it. If your dealer is a friend, though, or even just a really nice guy, he might honour it anyway and deal with the distributor himself. Good luck.

6. Jun 26, 2006 #5
    Thank you guys for replies and good words. I somehow got it all running today and I can sync and charge pocket pc again. I just lost an hourto get emacs running on it, but I succeeded :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  7. Jun 26, 2006 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

That's great, I'm glad to hear you got it working. :approve:

8. Jun 26, 2006 #7
    Next time don't rush pulling the cable.:rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?