Solve the IQ Puzzle: 4 Left, 3 Right - Which Matches?

In summary, all four pictures have three lines connecting the dots, but the middle picture to the right has one more line.

answer is

• top pic

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • middle pic

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • bottom pic

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
oahz
image.png

the 4 pictures to the left follow a pattern.
1 of the 3 pictures to the right matches that pattern.
which one?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
First glance makes me think it is the second image. Triangles seems too easy.

all images on the left contain 3 lines (ignoring the black part of the fourth).So the bottom one (again ignoring the black part)?

Last edited:
Open curves on the left contain no 'black filling' only closed curves do (but here is only one of them)
The second image on the right is the only one applying this rule since we have empty triangles in the first image and an unclosed triangle containing some 'black filling' in the third one

I don't feel like this is the right answer, but it 'works' I guess :)

oli4 said:
Open curves on the left contain no 'black filling' only closed curves do (but here is only one of them)
The second image on the right is the only one applying this rule since we have empty triangles in the first image and an unclosed triangle containing some 'black filling' in the third one

I don't feel like this is the right answer, but it 'works' I guess :)

i think this might be it.

i also thought it was the second picture but for different reason.

all 4 picture has 3 lines connected, only the middle picture to the right fits that.

but i agree with you

It's difficult to know what the author of the problem had in mind when you only take one of his question randomly like this.

I stand by my answer that all pictures on the left have 3 lines and the only picture on the right with 3 lines is the bottom one.The reason I stand by it is because the second picture on the right looks like it's got 3 lines while it doesn't.

The closed-black answer isn't bad neither , but it just shows how these questions don't have an ultimate true answer unless they are massively obvious.

Last edited:

What is the IQ Puzzle: 4 Left, 3 Right - Which Matches?

The IQ Puzzle: 4 Left, 3 Right - Which Matches is a visual puzzle that presents a series of arrows pointing to the left and right. The challenge is to figure out which arrow should come next in the sequence.

How can I solve the IQ Puzzle?

Solving the IQ Puzzle requires logical and spatial reasoning skills. You need to look for patterns and sequences in the arrows and use deductive reasoning to determine the next arrow.

Are there any tricks or shortcuts to solving the IQ Puzzle?

While there are no specific tricks or shortcuts, some tips for solving the IQ Puzzle include looking for patterns in the direction and number of arrows, and considering the overall shape and symmetry of the arrows.

What is the purpose of the IQ Puzzle?

The IQ Puzzle is designed to test and improve critical thinking skills, particularly in the areas of logic and spatial reasoning. It can also be a fun and challenging activity.

Are there multiple solutions to the IQ Puzzle?

While there may be different approaches and thought processes to solving the IQ Puzzle, there is typically only one correct answer. If you come up with a different solution, it may be worth examining your reasoning to see if it aligns with the intended solution.