1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Taking Physics II over the Summer

1. Feb 20, 2009 #1
    I have a bit of a dilemma coming up over the this summer. Due to the small size of my physics department most courses beyond Physics I and II are only offered once every year. I am in Physics I now and plan to take Physics II during a short semester over the summer(5 weeks) to get on the right track to be able to take upper level courses and graduate on a reasonable schedule.

I plan on studying ahead so that I will already be familiar with the concepts before I even take the course but how detrimental to my overall physics education will the short semester be? I hope to go forward into grad school so I want to make sure have a good basis in Intro E&M, which our physics II is, and I also know question from this class will often come up on the PGRE. I am setting myself up for trouble for taking the abbreviated semester? Unfortunately, at this point delaying my degree by a year would really hurt, any advice?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 20, 2009 #2
    do lots of studying on your own... I mean both before and after the class starts and finishes, respectively. You need that solid foundation.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook