Tea, coffee and your favourite cups

• Thread starter Sophia
  • Start date
When will there be Physics Forums coffee mugs?

Likes DrClaude
My Hawaii mug is my favorite. In the morning it's Earl Grey, Morning Thunder and Licorice Spice straight up with nothing in it. I like very strong tea.

Nugso
Gold Member
Well, I'm Turkish so I drink a lot of Turkish tea throughout the day in this little lovely cup.

1ok_caysimit.jpg

Likes fresh_42 and Sophia
Well, I'm Turkish so I drink a lot of Turkish tea throughout the day in this little lovely cup.

1ok_caysimit.jpg
I've drunk tea from one of those and it tasted very nice. It's interesting how a shape of a cup or glass affects the taste of drink.
For example, there's only one glass that makes my decaf coffee taste good. Whichever other cup I use, it tastes quite bad.

For example, there's only one glass that makes my decaf coffee taste good.
You know, that it isn't 100% free of caffeine? (At least it hasn't been in the 80's.)

Nugso
Gold Member
I've drunk tea from one of those and it tasted very nice. It's interesting how a shape of a cup or glass affects the taste of drink.
For example, there's only one glass that makes my decaf coffee taste good. Whichever other cup I use, it tastes quite bad.
Hah! I wonder if it's some placebo effect, but you're definitely right.

Likes Sophia
For me, its a cup of strong dark roast in the morning. When I'm sick, it's a hot toddy with orange pekoe, whiskey, lemon and honey. By the camp fir, it's hot spiced cider with whiskey. Occasionally, I like mint tea after dinner (we grow or own mint). My favorite cup is a mug with Grumpy on it. I inherited it from my father-in-law. It couldn't have gone to a more deserving person. :smile:

Coffee, double-double. Always fresh, always Tim Hortons.

Nugso
Gold Member
Now I know why tea shops don't do very well here. At least it seems we drink Mate.
I assume you're from the US? Coffee is a lot lot more popular in Spanish-speaking countries, I'd guess that's the reason.