1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Temperature of the back of a turbine jet engine (or something like that)

1. Mar 28, 2007 #1
    can anybody please tell me the temperature (degrees Celsius plz.) there is at the back of a normal turbine jet engine (or something like that:tongue2: )?? i couldn't find it on wikipedia or something like that:frown: so i ask it here:approve:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 28, 2007 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

There is an extremely wide range - could you be more specific as to what type and under what operating conditions?

4. Mar 28, 2007 #3
    hmm
    i think the types used in modern fighter planes, in the air or something
    i need the temperatures for calculations for my idea

5. Mar 28, 2007 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

There is a pretty good introductory treatment of the different types of jet engines at wikipedia.org:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_engine

As Russ says, and as the article discusses, different jet engine types have different exhaust temperatures. High-bypass designs obviously cool off the exhaust more than low-bypass types. The temperature of the combustion is given about 2/3 of the way down the long page.

6. Mar 29, 2007 #5
    thank you very much
    now i can go on calculating and experimenting ;)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?