The Atlantis Enigma Book Review by Herbie Brennan

• Thread starter matthyaouw
  • Start date
  • Tags
    enigma
In summary: I'm only on page 8 and I'm already lost.The author seems to be inferring things without any evidence at all.For example, on page 7 he talks about how the Atlanteans may have been able to travel to other planets because their technology was so advanced. He cites an article about how a German scientist named Dr. Karl Reinhold Forster was able to develop a machine that could project images of other planets onto a screen. However, the article he cites does not mention that Forster was able to do so by using the Atlanteans as his experimental subjects. He instead claims that the technology originated from a race of beings he calls the "Sea People". He provides no evidence for this claim whatsoever. Additionally, on page
matthyaouw
Gold Member
"The Atlantis Enigma"

Has anyone read The Atlantis Enigma by Herbie Brennan?
A friend reccomended it to me, saying certain bits were worth a read. I'm as far as page 6 and already I'm loosing the will to live. There is no referencing whatsoever, more speculation than I thought possible and he has cited the start of the pleistocene a good 0.6 million years off its true beginning.

Can anyone tell me their thoughts on this book? I'm really not sure I can be bothered to read much further.

Physics news on Phys.org
I haven't read it, but my advice in general is that life's too short to push yourself to finish a bad book. More and more I've just been closing books two, three, even ten chapters into them, when the author loses my interest, and throwing them away, or returning them to the library.

So if you're not enjoying that book, I would chuck it and spend the time searching for one that is interesting to read.

I think you're right. I'm at page 32 and its only getting worse. Few comments are backed up, and he's made at least one comment that would require re-writing every geological textbook out there if it were true... Back to the library it goes.

Mythology is always an entertaining read.

Allow me to add this, given that I am so dismissive of bad science. You are entirely correct in questioning things that do not make sense to you. You should ask yourself such questions. That is very scientific.

Chronos said:
Allow me to add this, given that I am so dismissive of bad science. You are entirely correct in questioning things that do not make sense to you. You should ask yourself such questions. That is very scientific.

I agree with one qualifier: Our current physical theories demand that we accept many things that don't seem to make sense. So as much as one must use discretion, there are times when we must yield to the known facts, or what seem to be the facts, in spite of our so called common sense.

As per RP Feynman: Anyone who understands QM hasn't studied it long enough.

Mattyaouw,

99,9% of the work on Atlantis is unfounded mythology. 0,1% Only 3 or 4 as far as I know are approaching the tale with the scientific method. The most credible hypothesis is that Atlantis is a mystification of the story of the sea people, as told of on reliefs at Medinet Habu and Karnak. There is a very interesting yet unpublished hypothesis on the names of the kings of Atlantis that are homonyms of facts and persons in the Sea people myths.

he has cited the start of the pleistocene a good 0.6 million years off its true beginning.

That may be the only one thing that you could not blame him for, there are many starts of the Pleistocene, 2,5 My or 1,9 My or 1,6 My It's just depending on what definition you use.

* If the second link doesn't work, just go to Google and put in: "define: pleistocene" (without parentheses)

Last edited:
Ok, I double checked the Pleistocene dates, and you are right, his date does fall within that range. The first souce I checked said 1.8-1.6 My. I'm still deeply skeptical about just how much of his 'evidence' is real however. I normally enjoy reading a bit of mythological speculation, espescially if its linked to real evidence, but there is still sometrhing about this book that i don't like...

Thanks for the link about the Sea people by the way.

1. What is "The Atlantis Enigma Book Review" about?

"The Atlantis Enigma Book Review" is a non-fiction book written by Herbie Brennan that explores the mystery and legend surrounding the lost city of Atlantis. It delves into the various theories and evidence surrounding the existence of Atlantis and offers a critical analysis of the research and speculation surrounding this ancient civilization.

2. Who is the author of "The Atlantis Enigma Book Review"?

The author of "The Atlantis Enigma Book Review" is Irish writer and researcher Herbie Brennan. He is well-known for his works of fiction and non-fiction, particularly in the areas of mythology and folklore.

3. Is "The Atlantis Enigma Book Review" based on fact or fiction?

"The Atlantis Enigma Book Review" is a non-fiction book based on factual information and research. However, it also explores the various myths and legends surrounding Atlantis and offers critical analysis on their validity.

4. What makes "The Atlantis Enigma Book Review" stand out from other books about Atlantis?

What sets "The Atlantis Enigma Book Review" apart from other books about Atlantis is the author's unique approach to the subject. Brennan presents a balanced and analytical perspective, drawing from a wide range of sources and theories to provide a comprehensive overview of the topic.

5. Is "The Atlantis Enigma Book Review" a good read for someone who is not familiar with the subject?

Yes, "The Atlantis Enigma Book Review" is a great read for both those who are new to the topic and those who are familiar with it. The book is written in an engaging and accessible style, making it easy for readers to follow and understand the complex theories and evidence surrounding Atlantis.