The B word is cool?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
Pengwuino
Gold Member
crazychick said:
anyway, B***** has two generally accepted and well used meanings. unfortunately, they're quite contradictory. The first, is anyone who's easily dominated and are subservient.

i've RARELY heard someone refer to themselves as a B in that context.

Stupid Penguin said:

you spelled my name wrong.....

and you've never heard someone say "you're my B**** now!" or "B**** get the door!" ??? i find that hard to believe. please refer to the link for common usages of the word B****.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Yah but they were always towards guys

oh, where did i mention only women were called b****s? oh yeah, i didn't. i said that that use comes from the notion that women are subservient, hence why its especially used on men. it isn't gender specific however. the other use of the word b***** generally is, unless the guy is gay and moody..

Can I have the 5 mins of my life back I wasted reading your, yet again, pointless thread?

Thread Locked, you Beach....

hahaha, took a whole page before cyrus posted in a penguin thread!!! new record.

Pengwuino said:

This is a very common usage. Very.

On another note, I think it's terrible that females identify themselves as b*****s. I once had a girl get mad at me because I told her I didn't want a b**** (submissive-sexual denotation). Shocked the h*ll outta me, but now I'm more used to it. People are crazy, shortsided, and generally imperfect. Makes for an interesting time, though.

I think I'm just having a difficult time adjusting to the tragedy of life. Seems such a waste of life to bother with it, but I like talking to people and people like hating, so what am I to do?

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Maybe im around much more civilized people now-a-days...

Gale said:
hahaha, took a whole page before cyrus posted in a penguin thread!!! new record.

I was at school working on my project for thermo all day designing a HVAC system for a hospital, I just got back home. :yuck:

Oh, also, on topic, yeah, it's a status symbol of sorts. Everyone wants to be liked (unless they're well-trained monks, I suppose). Knowing this, it's no wonder women accept derogation in exchange for someone who at least takes the role of someone who cares.

Also, b**** ,meaning a difficult woman, is an act of defiance, ironically, to the other meaning of b****. I usually think of it as identical to the female version of bastard (even though I know bastard works for both genders normally).

Pengwuino said:
Maybe im around much more civilized people now-a-days...

Did I mention I go to a rich high school and take a city bus to school everyday? A good portion of my school wish they were gangsters and loud people on busses having conversations gives me an earful of this stuff.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Well you go to high school... what can i say....

-Job-
Science Advisor
Gale said:
like i said, its just like the N-word, or loads of other words. Insults, especially ones like N-, B****, yankee, (those are the ones i can think of right now,) they're group-specific. So, you can reverse them and use them to refer endearingly to members in the group, from within the group only. Its not just women using insults backward, its a very common thing. Its not even a new thing, its a very old phenomenon.

when a girl calls herself a B****, i'd say it means "i'm a woman, i'm not afraid to get what i want, and i don't care what you think of me in the meanwhile." all insults have some sort of backward connotation like that. Its like, acknowledging what is generally not liked about your group, and then saying "hey, you don't like it, but i'm proud to be it."

Exactly... If i were to call myself a "B****", or a "N*****" that would be the reason.